Friday, July 27, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Time for another Friday Five list:
  1. I painted my toenails pink. I used to be a 'summer means red toenail polish' person, but I am SO digging this shimmering pink. Please don't make fun of my long toes.


  2. It is no secret that summertime is often the duldrums of TV, but amid this aimless sea of reruns I have found a couple shows that are quickly making it to my list of favorites: The Closer -- I didn't watch the first season, but I wish I had because it is SO good, and not even because the first name of the heroine is Brenda and she is addicted to sugary treats. Of the shows on this summer, I think it has the best writing. Psych -- This show is so random and funny. It reminds me a lot of Scrubs in that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Eureka -- A town full of geniuses and a regular joe sheriff who has to handle the outfalls of the town's lack of common sense. Brilliant!
  3. I watched a friend's daughter for a few hours last night and she and Bailey played hide and seek. So fun! Thanks Nelia!




  4. Darren and I are going to Jackson this weekend. Long drive, but endless fun. So, you remember me continually mentioning Harry Potter the last, oh, three weeks. Well, Darren and I have a tradition that we read the new Harry Potter together. That means that this weekend I will be reading the 'boy who lived' out loud while Darren drives. So far we have made it through the second chapter. Surprisingly, I have been successful in not reading or hearing any spoilers. Thanks to my friends and family who have finished the book but have not given away any of the details.
  5. I'm leaving work early. My boss's name is Steve, but I don't necessarily hate my job...

Have a good weekend! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

What are you guys doing in JAckson? You'll love HP, Brenny! You'll keep driving past Jackson just so you won't have to quit reading. I'm about 100pgs from the end, I think. Oooo! It's so good!

Cute toes. Didn't I hear a rumor once that you can lace your toes together? Maybe you should post a picture of that too:)

A. said...

Brenda, I've enjoyed your blog for weeks and now I just have to add my two-bits...

I'm glad that you have long toes as well. They are the best for doing great tricks!