Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Dog Days of Summer


A cool down for the next couple of days. WOO HOO! I was looking at my sad, dry lawn this morning and wondering how much more of the 90 degree temperatures it can take. Right now it looks like it did at the beginning of last summer when our sprinklers weren't working and everything turned brown. The sad thing is, we are actually watering this year and it is still turning brown! I've seen that water conserving fertilizer all over -- does it really work? I think it may be too late now. All I can look forward to is winterizing this fall and making yard plans during the cold days of winter.


It is so hot right now doesn't it seems funny that just six months ago Colorado was still waiting for the snow to melt? I remember Darren working every evening to clear the frozen ice out from in front of our driveway. This was the only picture I had nearby of the snow at the beginning of the year. I am hoping the thought will cool me a bit from the heat.

Curt and Bailey by the lake in Estes Park

Have a good day. Keep smiling and remember to be happy

4 comments:

Tammie said...

hey at least you're not fighting 112-115 degree weather right now! What we wouldn't give to see the 90's again!!! So enjoy it!!

Christi said...

Summer is so awesome-the freedom of doing nothing, except now we are grownups and have to do stuff-but still the feeling is there. But the heat, oi-how do you spell oi? We've got humidity, too. I need to get back out west! How will I ever get my husband out of this hunting, fishing, golfing land...maybe I'll work on him in the dead of winter.
Anyway, Bean-da, I've bookmarked your blog and look forward to keeping up with you. I've spent my evening reading your past blogs...Tom's reading Harry Potter, so thanks for keeping me entertained. YOU ROCK. I'm so glad you're my friend. This blogging thing is cool-maybe I'll give it a try some day. PS-I also checked out Jaqui's real quick-fun girl, cute kids. :)
Is this too long of a post? Sorry I am not up on blog ediquitte(I need spellcheck on here).

Jacqui said...

Hey, I saw that you'd watched part of cinderella story. Have you seen all of it? That's the most current one that we're recommending. We loved it!

Brenny said...

You're right Tammie, I shouldn't complain about 90 degree weather. Working in the air conditioning has made me too soft.

Jacqui, I watched the Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff. It was on ABC Family, which I am slightly addicted to. Anyway, funny enough, I think I saw this movie with for the first time with Tammie... Or was that Mean Girls?