Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Girls Camp

This week the girls in our ward are going to girls camp. Because of work, I can't go, but all the planning we have been doing (since November of last year -- did they always start that early?) has made me remember some of the good times I had when I went to girls camp. Here are some of my most favorite memories from girls camp:
  • Canoeing and almost tipping because we didn't actually know what we were doing


  • Water balloon boobs -- the balloons were for the fight, but they fit nicely in our shirts. Wishful thinking for a good majority of us
  • Hiking with Debbie and taking an hour 'rest' in the middle
  • Trying to use the reflector oven
  • The smoking stick of truth -- it always knew
  • Snipe hunting (and being floored when I heard they existed and were actually a bird, not a rodent!)

  • Playing BS for hours in the tent
  • The A-Frame cabins the Youth Leaders got to stay in -- SO cool
  • Eating peanut M&Ms and learning the secrets of their colors (Green, REALLY?)

  • Star gazing
  • Talking about star gazing with boys
  • River rafting our 4th year with Sean Connery (aka Brother Grey)
  • Singing around the campfire (especially the Titanic song)

  • Hanging out with the girls from other wards
  • Testimony meeting
Good times, good times. Have a good day! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

No comments: