Monday, July 16, 2007

Having a Yard Means...

...you always having something you could be doing: watering, mowing, weeding, etc. This weekend Darren and I made the first of many changes to our yard -- we dug up around the mailboxes that sit on our lot and put in some nice, clean, weed free rocks. For those of you who have been in our back yard, you know we have plenty of rocks to spare, so that is what we used. Below are pictures of the finished product.
I think it took 12 wheelbarrow trips! I was so embarrassed of the way it looked before that I didn't bother taking a 'before' picture. Those poor people who had to look at our weedy mess when they came to get their mail!


The one fun and nice thing about our yard is the surprises we get. Because it was already a mature landscape when we moved in, spring and summer are full of flowers and greenery popping up (we won't discuss the surprise weeds). Just this week our lilies came out. I'm sure I'll take more pictures, but I wanted to share this first one because it made me so happy!


I hope you have a good day. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

IT looks really nice! I don't specifically remember the weeds before--I'm sure the mail neighbors didn't notice either :)