
Here is a picture of a campground in Hoback Canyon. We stopped to use the facilities. We actually stopped at a couple places to use the facilities, but this was the nicest of the spots...

When we got in to town we went up to Snow King and went down the alpine slide. This is Darren and I going up the ski lift to the top. They took a picture of us too, but we stuck out our tongues. This one was much cooler. A little ways up the hill from the alpine slide is the Jackson Hole Cemetary. On previous visits Darren and I have driven through it to check out the stones, etc. It is one of the coolest old west town cemetaries I've seen -- it is on a pretty steep hill so they've built up stone casings around the plots to make sure loved ones don't slide down the mountain. Sorry, we didn't take a picture of it this time, but everytime you ride the chair lift up to the top of the alpines slide you get a glimpse of it through the trees. Seriously cool.

This is a picture of the Alpine Slide casualty. Darren went a little too fast and skinned his forearm and knee.

After the slide we took a drive to the 'hunting grounds' above the Snake River and right in front of the Tetons. Just imagine this site on a clear crisp morning in November. Beautiful! Wish You Were Here!


And, as always, we saw some wildlife.
Overall, it was a lovely day in Jackson Hole. Keep smiling and remember to be happy
2 comments:
Looks like fun. I've never been to JAckson, but I've always heard that's it's so pretty up there. Maybe you and Darren can take us sometime :)
We would love to take you guys to Jackson sometime! Just let us know when you've got some time...
Post a Comment