I've made no effort to hide my love of Jane Austen, so you can imagine how this news completely thrilled me! I'm especially excited because some of the movies I've never seen, like this version of Persuasion. Here is the complete schedule for the Jane Austen movie fest.
I was also interested to see a few other Masterpiece Theater movies included on the schedule. Room with a View was especially intriguing, as was My Boy Jack (Daniel Radcliffe stars), and Cranford (an Elizabeth Gaskell Novel).
I started getting into Masterpiece Theater when I stumbled across some gems at the library, which led me to check out the website, which in turn led me to find out about The Complete Jane Austen (a few friends kept me updated. Thanks guys!). And yes, each week I do check what they are playing on Masterpiece Theatre. Anyway, I liked the movies I found at the library so much I thought I'd share them with you, just in case your taste does not run to Jane.

Wives and Daughters (an Elizabeth Gaskell book)
Bleak House (Charles Dickens)
Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte -- such a good adaptation. Well, okay, it was the first time I could see why she liked Mr. Rochester)
And some other BBC movies that I like but that weren't produced by Masterpiece Theater

North and South (an adaptation of the Elizabeth Gaskell book). If you don't see any of the other movies on this list, see this one. I loved it. It is right up there with the BBC Pride and Prejudice.

Ruby in the Smoke (a Philip Pullman book)
I will be recording all of the Jane Austen Movies (except for Pride and Prejudice, which I already have). I'm thinking I might do a Jane marathon later this spring. Anybody interested? Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
2 comments:
I enjoyed a movie last sunday. Much to Doug's dismay I think he watched the new gladiator show. Love Jane Austen.
Movie marathon, are you kidding?! I'm there!!! I'm watching Jane Eyre right now, well not this very second, but it's in my machine waiting to be finished. :-)
Post a Comment