Monday, January 14, 2008

And the Winner is...

And the award for the funniest 90's music story goes to... ANGELA! She got all the artists (a shower in between helped) and I could totally picture that VW rabbit tooling around blasting 'Ice, Ice, Baby'. Classic. And Angela, I think we all like Sir Mix-A-Lots gem of a song. Your prize is in the mail, babe! I found it at At Home America, which is having a sale -- check it out if you want to find some other cute stuff to go with it. Thanks for everyone who shared their stories! Man, the 90's rock. For my own story, I remember making a dance up to the Dee-lite song complete with a lawn mower move...

My birthday was nice. Darren and I went down to Denver and spent the day sewing with my sister, finding lights for our kitchen, and then eating some yummy lasagna with my mom and sister and her family. It was great.

So, speaking of awards, did anyone catch the 'Golden Globe Awards Announcement' on NBC last night? Um, did I miss something? Why is there an announcement instead of the pomp and ceremony? Don't mistake me, I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if the actual awards ceremony was on another station, or if this was supposed to be a 'green' Golden Globes where the celebrities stayed at home, or something.

I didn't watch much of the show, but I was happy to see how many nods Pushing Daisies got, even if they didn't win. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

8 comments:

Mac Family said...

AFIK all the awards ceremonies are suffering because of the writer's strike. The Golden Globes were canceled more or less. I've never liked those things anyway (just overly ego-centric people felling extra special about themselves.. IMO)

wyomingerica said...

Happy late birthday, did you watch persation last night. I was wishing you where here to watch it with me. I loved it.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Yay for me! I am so excited! I never win anything. It feels like it is my birthday! :)

I might have to steal this contest idea from you. It is a lot of fun.

I hope your birthday was great!

Jacqui said...

WAIT!!! My internet is down and I didn't get a chance to play! I want a recount! I would have won! DANGIT!

Yellow Barn Girl said...

Dang! I missed out on the music fun. You, me and music would have a great time. I haven't entered the bloggin world in a while due to craziness and it is nice to be back and enjoy your blog. Hey love counting crows by the way. I remember singing paved paradise with you at a FHE in Laramie. I think they also sing a song called December or Long December or something, one of my CC faves. Happy belated birthday.

Brenny said...

Oh yeah, the writer's strike -- I forgot for a moment. What, actors can't come up with dumb segways? I agree with you about not caring to see the actors gushing about how great they are... I do like to see what they wear, which is nontypical of me, but I am a girl and I think the bright colors and shiny fabrics entrance me.

Jacqui and Kimball, you can still play! I want to hear your stories! Kimball, I had forgotten about singing Counting Crows at FHE. So this is how much I love Counting Crows -- I have always disliked Joni Mitchell's version of Big Yellow Taxi (Paved Paradise, put up a parking lot), but as soon as I heard the Counting Crows version I liked the song. And generally I am very vocal about remakes. Love Counting Crows -- they can do no wrong in my eyes.

Jacqui said...

Bren, I've missed so much from not blogging. I can't WAIT to have my internet back

Carrie said...

Happy belated-birthday. Glad you had fun with family!!