Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Can't Blog Now

I am completely consumed in this book right now:

An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aiden

Every spare minute I have is spent reading it. I think about it while I am at work, while I go about my nightly activities, and apparently while I sleep as well, since it appeared in my dreams last night. I haven't had a book do this to me in a long time and I find, while obviously completely distracting, I kind of like the anticipation for the next time I can curl up and crack it open. Based on the title are you surprised? I was, actually. The good (or bad, however you want to think about it) news is this is just the first book in the trilogy. I definitely thank the kind woman who recommended and then lent me the book. To think I almost didn't give it a chance!
Back to thinking about the book... Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

Christi said...

I just read "Mr. Darcy's Daughters" by Elizabeth Aston, it was kinda fun. I'll have to give this one a try-you are very enthusiastic about it.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

So I just looked this one up on our teeny tiny library's online card catalog. (seriously it is the smallest library ever! Pioneers had bigger librarys..but I digress) They do not have this one but they have book 2 & 3 of the series. That is so wierd!

wyomingerica said...

So I just ordered this book from the library, of course they didn't have it in the state. so I have to pay $2 to have it shipped. But I need a good book

Brenny said...

I'm so glad you guys are going to try it! I think it is WAY better than Mr. Darcy's Daughters, which I also thought was cute. THe lady who suggested it said she ended up reading Pride and Prejudice at the same time to compare the conversations and stuff. I'm not attempting that, but I did drag out my copy to check a few things and they totally fit! I hope you can find it Angela -- if you like P&P you will definitely like this!

LindsC said...

man I need to read more, that is a great feeling, the anticipation of finding out what will happen next.