skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Antartica Tidal Wave
My friend sent me these 'Frozen Tidal Wave' pictures and I was so transfixed at the beautiful pictures I thought I'd share. As for whether this is really a 'frozen tidal wave', I have my doubts. It would be extremely hard to freeze moving water like that and blue ice is only formed under really high pressure -- I think it was heaved to the surface and the movement caused the cracking and striations (the heaving theory is just a guess and not based on research of any kind, so don't quote me). Either way the blue glacial ice is beautiful. These were taken in Antartica. Isn't the world just cool? I'm always amazed at the beauty that is around us. It makes me feel small.
1 comment:
Holy cow those pictures are awesome! However they were formed it is still amazing to look at! Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment