Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Am I Just Fooling Myself?

With the cold temperatures we've been having the last couple weeks, I've found my consumption of hot chocolate has increased. I mostly drink it at work -- I sit up front by the door and, with people continually coming and going, it gets cold! Anyway, my office is nice enough to furnish hot chocolate for it's employees. They buy Swiss Miss, so nothing special but they do get regular and sugar free.


I used to choose sugar free everytime, but now I've started combining one packet of sugar free and one regular. I justify the sugar by saying it is only HALF as sugary as it could be and therefore better for me. Am I just fooling myself? Maybe, but it makes me feel better that I'm at least trying to watch my sugar intake in this one small respect.

When I worked downtown in Laramie there was bakery goodies AND gourmet hot chocolate practically at my door. They used whipped cream and chocolate shavings on their hot chocolate -- SO good... But I think I'll take the Swiss Miss instead of the guilt generated by the muffins, cookies, and Coal Creek hot chocolate.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

13 comments:

Trish said...

Coal Creek hot chocolate is so good. Brandon used to make some with sweetened condensed milk and a bunch of other stuff. It was super yummy too, but can you imagine the calories?!?

Jacqui said...

I say if you're going to drink liquid chocolate, make it the best it can be. SUgar free? That's like dairy-free cheese. Go for Stephen's Irish Creme. It's my favorite

Carrie said...

Hot Chocolate...so YUMMY!! It does sound good with all the cold weather.

wyomingerica said...

I wonder what it would be like without global warming. It is dang cold

Brenny said...

Erica, you make me laugh!

Mac Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Family said...

Hot Chocolate.. that's interesting because as we speak (as I type?) I am having a hot chocolate break. It's not really hot, though, as that would require me to get up and heat up some water. So I just rip open the packets and eat them. I like to think of it as hot chocolate in its purest form. I know, it's weird.. I do it with ramen noodles too. Come to think of it.. I eat dry brownie mix (sometimes with a little water) and frosting straight out of the container. Very healthy habits.

Dan

Jacqui said...

You eat Ramen raw? I thought I was the only being on earth who did that!

Mac Family said...

Yeah.. I crunch it all up in the plastic, open the bag, and eat it. My wife, who apparently is even stranger than I, pours the seasoning in on the dry noodles and then eats them. Weird.

Dan

LindsC said...

I did know that you loved hot chocolate, I am just picturing you with the hot chocolate camping, hunting etc. I think that you like it more than the average person. :)

Brenny said...

I seriously didn't think anyone but my sister ate ramon raw, Dan. I can't believe both you and Melanie do it! Eating the seasoning with it is kind of interesting, but I guess that cuts down on the left over packets...

Brenny said...

Hot chocolate is SO good when you are camping. I actually think it was Curt and Cathy who turned me on to it -- they always have it in the mornings at Shell. One more reason I'm glad I married into this family. I'm addicted and they feed the animal!

Heidi said...

Should I be concerned that I've never had any of this Coal Creek hot chocolate?