Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Do I Live in Wyoming?

I was out in the field yesterday and the wind was HORRIBLE. I was surveying by myself and the wind kept knocking down my transit rod. The wind went through my clothes, wind burned my face, and flung dust in my eyes. Miserable.

The crazy thing is, we had wind like this all the time when we lived in Wyoming and it never bothered me. I was so used to it, I just didn't pay attention. The fact that I notice now enough to complain about the wind makes me kind of sad.

I've become soft.

I solute those who continue to live with the Wyoming wind. May you never know the difference.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Trish said...

The wind doesn't blow in Otto like it does in Laramie! :o) I didn't know what hit me when I moved here. I think it's very nice of you to think about getting a bed for when/if Trevor comes. I'm pretty sure he could survive on the futon though.

wyomingerica said...

I love the sign, isn't is the truth.

LindsC said...

Thanks for the Solute! But I think I still get annoyed with sometimes too. :)

Jacqui said...

That sign is so funny. Where is it?

Heidi said...

That sign is hilarious! The wind once blew our huge heavy metal swing off our deck! Scary!!! (Luckily no one was on it.)

Heidi said...

Ha! "heavy metal" swing. Oh, maybe that's why they are called rockers!

Brenny said...

Lots of love, Heidi! You make me laugh