Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Signs of Fall

Fall has arrived and so has the facial hair. Darren generally sports a goatee, but this October he decided to grow a beard. Yes, it is for hunting season, which is another Sign of Fall. Every October Darren begins earnestly thinking and planning hunting expeditions. Most are already on the calendar from way back in the spring when he has to put in for licenses, but not until October rolls around do the plans become a reality.
Anyway, back to the beard. This picture is of Darren in the prickely stage of his beard.
This picture is a week or so later when it has softened and I'll let him kiss me again. Notice the smile?
I really wonder about growing beards during the fall. In olden days, was it a normal thing to have the extra fuzz for warmth?

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

I love the before and after shot. I think it's great that he let you take pictures of him for the blog and he can't even read it to know what you're saying about him.

wyomingerica said...

Aren't you a lucky girl. Is Darren headed to Green River? It is my sisters baby blessing the weekend of opening weekend. Guess where I'm not going.

Brenny said...

Darren will be hunting Elk in Big Piney again this year and Deer in Armento. I feel your pain with hunting Erica, but I can't believe Doug would let you miss your sister's baby blessing!

Trish said...

This is a comment about a comment...so Darren doesn't read your blog? :o)

Brenny said...

No, he can't get it at work and very rarely reads it at home. Every so often he will hear about stuff I put on there so I make sure it is nice... :) He was very good about taking the pictures and I even mentioned I was going to put it on the blog as a before and after.

Does Trevor read your blog?

Trish said...

Trevor reads it pretty much every day. He says it's how he finds out what's going on. :o) Obviously we have some communication issues!