Friday, October 26, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I couldn't do the Friday Five I wanted to do today because Darren has the camera for hunting this weekend. I'll save it for another Friday. Today, I'm thinking of food. I know, what's new. Darren is going to be gone tonight and I have no desire to cook, so I've been thinking about my local restaurant options. In honor of the many choices there are, my Friday Five today is dedicated to some of my favorite restaurants -- well, at least restaurants that I still think about even though I no longer live close to them.

  1. Jeffrey's Bistro in Laramie, Wyoming. Jeffrey's always had such great soup and I still crave their grilled hummus sandwich. I think Jeffrey's inspired my use of the descriptor 'yuppy granola'. It is small and almost always crowded, but I still think about it. Special mention for favorite restaurants in Laramie also goes to Altitudes, Lovejoy's (yummy bacon guac burger), and Corona Village (Taco Tuesday-- $3.00 all you can eat tacos!).
  2. Dollar a Scoop Chinese in Greenwood Village, Colorado. I don't know if the place is even still there (on the corner of Dayton and Arapahoe), but every so often I will crave the sesame chicken. Does MSG stay in your system that long?
  3. The Carnegie Deli in New York City, New York. It has been a LONG time since I've been there, but I still remember the yummy spicy mustard, the jar of homemade pickles on the table and the cheese cake. Oh, the cheese cake!
  4. That fresh fish market with the AWESOME fish and chips in Eugene, Oregon. Yes Trevor, I still think about those fish and chips. Often. PLEASE try to remember what the place is called.
  5. Whitt's Barbeque in Tennessee. I think Witt's is everywhere down there, not just by my sister -- she and her hubby introduced me to this wonderful place. I like barbeque, and MAN this is good barbeque.
I shouldn't have done this for a Friday Five. Nothing I choose for dinner tonight will compare to my memories of these restaurants. Peanut butter and jelly anyone? Have a good weekend.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

2 comments:

josh said...

Brenda - you are making me hungry. Lovejoys = mouth watering! A bit surprised Bernies didn't make the list. Come on, the quaint ambiance should count for something.

Jacqui said...

THat dollar a scoop place is what gave dad his BIGGEST heart problem with all that msg. But I went there many a 5th period Senior year.

Whitt's coleslaw makes me salivate. mmmmmm