Monday, October 8, 2007

Aren't You Lucky

My mom and sister called yesterday before General Conference trying to entice me to come down and spend the day with them. What bribe did they use? Food, of course. They had made chicken divan, pumpkin cookies, and homemade bread. I'd already put my day's conference plans into motion, so I couldn't go. I actually made my mom's hamburger soup for Darren and I for supper since it was chilly. The soup is good, but it would have been 10 times better with homemade bread...

Jacqui posted her pumpkin cookie recipe on her blog today. I noticed a few of you showed interest when I mentioned this yummy treat. Just so you know, I have substituted margarine for shorting and it worked just fine.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Trish said...

Hanni used to make pumpkin cookies too...so yummy! I checked Wal-mart today and no fleece. :o( Would you mind picking up a yard of brown if you get the chance? I would have e-mailed you, but I can't find your address. Thanks!

Jacqui said...

Thanks for the plug for my blog :)

Brenny said...

I can totally get the fleece. I'll send it with Darren on Saturday!

Trish said...

Thanks so much!

LKC said...

is the yard of brown fleece for some kind of Wyoming-inspired halloween costume?

Trish said...

I'll answer since Brenda hasn't yet. :o) It's for a jacket and pants for my 1 year old. He's going to wear it under his Halloween costume, but I thought Wyoming colors would be good for the rest of the winter too. :o)

Jacqui said...

Wow, Linds, I'm impressed you picked up on that. Brown fleece? I just assumed it was going to be a blanket...