Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Today is Cathy's birthday, so I decided to make my Friday Five List all about why I think she is so great! Here's the list:

  1. She raised 5 boys, and they turned out great! And knowing these boys, that is saying a lot...
  2. She is adventureous. Recently she signed up to go sky diving! The weather kept her on the ground, but I'm sure she'll try again.
  3. She is always taking pictures. When the rest of us forget, Cathy can always be counted on to have brought her camera. Some of the best pictures on this blog have been donated by Cathy. I love that she likes to document the world.
  4. She is kind to her food neurotic daughter-in-law. When Darren called to get details about a family get together we were having this last spring at our house Cathy told Darren, "Tell Brenda not to worry about food; we have a plan." Mmmm... apparently I've mentioned food before. Anyway, she totally said this without Darren even asking! That's love. (As a side note, Cathy's son Darren is not as patient about the food neurosis of his wife. There is plenty of eye rolling when I bring up the topic of food for a gathering. What can I say? I like to feed the masses.)
  5. She is a scriptorian. While this may be a product of teaching seminary for years, I also know that she loves the scriptures. Her enthusiasm and love for them is a great example to me.

Wow, being limited to five is hard! I had a whole other list of things I love about Cathy. Whatever else there is, I guess it just boils down to the fact that I am so lucky to have such a great lady for a mother-in-law. Cathy, I love you lots! I hope you have a great birthday!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Happy Birthday, Cathy! You DO have a great Mom-in-law, Bren.

Trish said...

Your #4 totally made me laugh. I do the same thing and Trevor doesn't get it...so what do I do? Even if they say don't worry, I get a TON of food, just in case. :o) I think I drove Trevor crazy with how many times I asked about meals this time.

Brenny said...

That is SO funny! I'm glad to hear I have a sister on the Casey side that thinks about food as much as I do. Okay, I wasn't that surprised, your major was nutrition, but it is nice to know I'm not the only neurotic one!