Friday I hosted for one of my book clubs. We skipped July so we could read and discuss all three Fitzwilliam Darcy: Gentleman Series books by Pamala Aiden in August.
I made cucumber sandwiches as a treat and served hot chocolate, since it had been raining all day and was super chilly.
The cucumber sandwiches were a hit!
Darren stayed upstairs (he banished himself, so don't feel bad for him) and watched the Olympics.
Saturday, we woke up to dripping in our bathroom -- our sky light had begun leaking from all the rain! Not so good. After a lengthy inspection, we realized there wasn't anything we could do until it dried out. Anyway, we watched a lot of the Olympics in the morning while it continued to rain and then ran a few errands.
Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of how much rain we got. Everytime we drove by we would gawk at all the water.
This is the big green field by the pond by our house. Darren really wanted to try slidding in it. Unfortunately, everytime we drove by there was a police man sitting there who would have seen him do it.
The water was coming from other places and draining to our pond. There was a crazy amount of water!
The pond was outside it's banks. See how the ducks are between the bank and the trash can?
I always thought the trash cans were wired to the posts to prevent theft. I guess there was another reason, too.
We went to a wedding in the afternoon for one of Darren's co-workers. It was an outside wedding and we kept wondering/hoping they had a rain plan. Thankfully for them, the rain stopped and the sun broke out. It was a little chilly, but other than that, it was perfect. We had a nice time visiting with the other co-workers that had been invited and danced until it was time to go.
Sunday our church start time changed to 1:00 pm, so we did our Sunday 'resting' in the morning. Both of us taught a lesson, but Darren was asked to do it last minute due to a teacher being sick. We've had the late church before, but it will definitely take a few weeks to get back in the swing. I think all the primary and nursery leaders are feeling it, too, if the sounds I heard as I walked by the classrooms are any indication...
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
9 comments:
Ya, there were crazy amounts of rain here too. I loved it! Andy's dump truck on the deck filled up and kept over flowing.
I hope the skylight isn't a big fix.
Is there a reason you changed church times in August, or is that just the way they do it in Colorado? :o) I can't believe all that water. My cousin got married in the Denver Temple Saturday and they ended up with no pictures because of all the rain.
Is that Allen Park? That was some crazy amount of water we got!!!
I have been LOVING the summer games. Fun stuff.
Wow! You did get hammered with rain! Don't you love houses? New problems at every turn in addition to all the improvements. It never ends. So how do you make these fabulous cucumber snacks?
I am craving cucumber sandwiches, and I don't even know what they taste like. Thanks, Brenny. Thanks a lot.
The cucember sandwiches looked great!! I will have to try them sometime!
Those cucumber sandwiches looked Yummy. I love the pictures, everything looks SO green. So why did you change times in August?
1pm church is the worst! That's what we have now. I can't wait to change back to 9:30 in January.
Post a Comment