1. I started a new book for book club and I'm completely enthralled. I don't know why I shy away from non-fiction. I'm never sorry when I take a chance.


2. For Young Women's we made little girl hair accessories. I couldn't find barrettes to use -- I'm sure they are out there, but I couldn't find the small size I wanted -- so we used hair bands and put ribbons on them. The girls made some really cute ones.

Some really creative ones.

And some girls gave up a bit at the end. Well, in my opinion anyway.


3. Darren and Trevor were able to go golfing this week and got eaten alive by mosquitos. All the rain last weekend made the conditions just right for a huge infestation. If there is a cool part to this story, it has been watching all the birds hover just above the swarms of bugs.
4. Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment this week was all about food storage. Darren and I really try to build up storage, so I don't feel too guilty when I go to these meetings. They inspire me to do better and give me tons of ideas. I came home last night wanting a hand wheat grinder.


I know, you can't do that much at a time, but you have to start small when you add it to your diet anyway -- substituting a cup of wheat flour here and there, right? Plus, I feel like if there is some natural disaster, there won't be electricity to run any other grinder. Wouldn't using rocks be WAY harder than a hand grinder? Darren wants to buy a generator, so we could actually have an electric grinder, but I think this is a much cheaper way to start. It's on my Christmas List.


5. I went to the eye doctor and got contacts. I haven't had them for almost a year and I'm excited to have another vision option. Darren knew about my appointment, but he hasn't commented on my lack of glasses. We do this all the time -- wait to see how long it takes the other person to notice that we cut our hair, or shaved (during Darren's goatee days). It isn't manipulative or anything. It is a game. It has now been three days so 'shhhhhh,' don't tell Darren.

Have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
11 comments:
Will you teach me how to grind my wheat with rocks? I figure you're my go-to girl for that one.
He still hasn't noticed? How funny!
And I think the young women should open an online store about the cute hair ties. I don't have girls, but I can see my nieces wearing them. What were you going to do with them all?
Brenda, Brenda,
You are one true friend lady. Months with out posting and the moment I do bam your there. I love the pictures of you on this post. You are very pretty. All those years of glasses and I didn't get to see your beautiful eyes. How are you guys? Football is just around the corner. Let us know when you are coming up, we would love to meet you guys at a game.
Brenda, you look great! That's funny about about Darren. He doesn't read your blog? Hope you have a great weekend. Well see you next weekend.
You do look adorable without your glasses. Well you look adorable with them too. :)
So since you spoke of food storage you must check out this blog:
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/
It looks like it might have some helpful info.
At last now I know why I let my boys collect and store so many rocks. They will be my wheat grinders! The pictures of you are great! I love your long fingers. I got the short stubby variety! You do look really beautiful! Secrets must agree with you!
I am in the food storage vs moving mode right now. I have heard that it is almost impossible to get an appointment at a cannery. At least it is here in Tennessee.
Cute hair things! I agree that it looks like they gave up in the end. :) You look great with your contacts. I agree it is funny to see how long it takes them and me to notice things. That book about Gender looks really interesting. I admit I probably mostly read only non-fiction. So hey I guess it's not that I don't read after all.
Brenda, you look great with contacts, and I can't believe how long your hair is. Justin and I play that game too...to see how long it takes the other to notice.
What fun it is to see all the neat things you do.
Those last two hair accessories were too funny. :o) I think the wheat grinder is a good idea. It really doesn't take that long to grind even though it can only do small amounts.
Ahhh- Hair accessories. I remember my mom making those for us when we were little....balloon barretts, jingle bell barretts....really big poofy ribbon ones....etc! We all get a good laugh when we check out old family photos!
Pretty eyes:)
Post a Comment