Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Fruit of our Labor

Look! Here is the first thing we got from our garden!


The penny is for scale.


I promptly washed and ate this delicious vegetable. Or is it a fruit? Do you know, Kraig?

Whatever, there are more on their way and I'm super excited. I've had dreams of tomato sandwiches ever since I planted them. They are not your regular tomato, so I'll have to slice a couple to fill up the bread.


As of this post, we have also gotten a strawberry. Darren was the one to find, and eat, this fruit, but he did share half of it. That is saying a lot since the strawberry was small. Funny enough, the strawberries are planted right by the zuccini and they are doing just fine. Weird. I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong.

Anyway, I think since we planted late we are getting things late as well. Case in point, my sister happily gave me a bag of cucumbers from my parents garden. A BAG. They are good, too. Thanks for sharing! What yummy things have you gotten from your garden?

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Yahoo! anything fresh from the garden is worth every ounce of energy, I think. We should share some tomato sandwiches.

Carrie said...

The tomatos look great!! I hope someday I can have a tomato plant so I can have lots of tomatos..love 'em

Courtney said...

Hey Bren!

Our zucchini are booming, so we need to get together so we can pass some along to you. I can only make so much bread, you know?!

Courtney

LindsC said...

I too love fresh vege's and fruit from the garden. I haven't had a garden this year but I helped my mom get green beans and zuccini from hers and got to share.

Kelli said...

We have harvested weeds which weren't as good as we had been led to believe. The tomato plants are just about ready to give fruit! Yummy!

Robin Fisher said...

congrats Brenny. My friend Priscilla said it best, "I think that we are commanded to plant a garden because we learn more about life, our selves and Heavenly Father." Isn't it nice that the commandment is to PLANT a garden. Even if you fail to harvest anything, at least you get points for planting.