Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Randomness

I can't believe I missed the Friday Five again. I got called out to the field unexpectedly Friday morning to do some work in Sydney, Nebraska. Unfortunately, it didn't involve Cabella's in any way. It did, however, involve wearing FRC (Fire Resistant Clothing) and playing in dirt. Anyway, I ended up getting home very late Friday evening. Darren had very nicely recorded the Olympic opening ceremonies before he went to bed, so I watched them light the torch as I tried to recover from driving home and having had all my lovely Friday plans smashed.

I had this picture all lined up to share for Friday Five.


My mom said she saw a crazy lady driving to work with an umbrella in the car, and then admitted it was her. I made her show me and knew I just had to take a picture. Right after I snapped this one she said, 'Wait, are you going to put this on your blog?' Yea mom, no way am I keeping this cute picture of you to myself.

In her defense, we had had a lot of rain and the sun roof in the Acura leaks. I, myself, got a waterfall in my lap once. I can totally see why she had the umbrella. I wouldn't want to get wet on my way to work either.

Saturday, my mom and dad came up to help us build a new fence gate. I was so focused on getting it done that I didn't take any before or during pictures, but here is how it turned out.


We still need to put the locks and stuff on it, but I am pleased. Can you see that it opens two ways? We will use the smaller door (to the right) most often, but by opening both doors we can now park things, like a trailer, on the large rock pad we made. Thanks again for the help mom and dad!

The design was all Darren's idea. Can I just say that I'm such a lucky girl to have a husband who can make such ideas a reality? I know you are probably saying, 'It is only a fence Brenda,' and 'My husband can do that, too,' but I still can't help feeling lucky.

Also, I wonder what I bring to the relationship. Do you think he feels lucky when I do the laundry or the dishes? Probably the dishes. I know he hates doing them.

Anyway, just thought I give a 'it's Friday, I'm in Love' shout out to Darren since I missed doing it on Friday.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

9 comments:

Ruth said...

Your mom is too funny, but I understand. It would be funny to see someone with an unbrella opened while driving in their car. lol. Your new gate looks amazing also!!!

Robin Fisher said...

I can't stop laughing. Mom is so funny. And, yes, you are a lucky girl. Darren is a VERY lucky boy, too. You are just as creative and talented--not to mention, Darren got access to the Homestead when he married you.:)

Jacqui said...

Our Mom is so cute! Three cheers for her!

The fence does look great. I'm totally impressed. Kraig's handy and creative, but I'm not sure we could make that kind of dream a reality without some serious help. But he does surprise me. One time we had a busted sprinkler head and he went in the garage, got what he needed and fixed it in about 2 minutes. I was stunned.

Christi said...

Your mom looks great...and silly. Funny.

The gate looks great. Hard-working husbands are the best! I'm glad we roped these guys in before they new what little they were getting in the deal...book reading, tv recording girls. But hey, there are cookies on occassion, so it is worth it. Not to mention laundry (never mind if it's wrinkly-see Jacqui's blog) and dishes.

Becca said...

Just so you know, you are ALWAYS on my friend list. Thanks for doing that!

Carrie said...

That is so funny. That is something I could see my mom doing!!

Trish said...

That is the funniest picture. The fence looks great too.

LindsC said...

Yes dishes and Laundry are a great accomplishment!!! :)

Kelli said...

I love the darling picture of your mom! Hilarious! The fence does look great! I am glad you two have each other. You are great together!