You know how some entries are actually journal/ family record entries? I've noticed most of my Monday entries fall into that category. I always feel like my weeks are 'same old, same old' and weekends are when I get to do the fun stuff. Not that my weeks aren't fun or anything, because I generally have at least one thing scheduled that I think is fun (sometimes it's Young Women's, sometimes it isn't), it's just that the weekends have this mystical quality of fun for me. So much potential in two little days -- even Sunday and church seem to hold fun, even if all I do is rest and rejuvienate my spirit for the coming week. So when it comes to Monday, I feel like I have to recap this mystical fun weekend, if only for myself.
Friday evening we went to dinner with my brother, Scott. He was at a nearby golf course and we got together after he was done. He ended up playing 25 holes that day! He was sore, but he has to be in shape by May when he heads to Murtle Beach for a week of nonstop golfing. Yea, must be rough. We just met at Chili's, so nothing fancy, but we had a great time chatting.
Saturday we painted our kitchen ceiling -- three coats total, and it took most of the day waiting for it to dry so we could do the next coat. I did take pictures, but I'll wait to share when we paint the walls -- we painted the ceiling aspen white, which is pretty much as basic as you can get, so there isn't much to see. While the paint was drying I did laundry and got all but two batches done including folding and/or hang drying! I'll do laundry during the week, but it has a higher probability of staying in the basket and not being folded than when I do it on the weekend. I'm just saying if you don't want wrinkled clothes... We also watched non-stop basketball (the Cowgirls had a good showing, even if they ended up losing) and took the Expedition to get new brakes.
Sunday we had church in the morning. Both of us taught lessons, which always makes the day a bit hectic. The talks and music were wonderful and added to the Easter Celebration. I taught the Mia Maids about the Atonement -- I'm hoping they got the spirit of what I was trying to teach them! Sometimes I wonder if I babble. It was a great reminder for me, though. I am very thankful for the Savior and his sacrifice.
After church Darren and I headed down to my parents for an Easter/Late Birthday/monthly family dinner. We missed not having Robin and Mike's family or Cory and Creighton's family with us! For dinner we had ham, fruit, Jacqui's rolls, green beans, and twice baked potatos. Apparently, my Grandma used to make twice baked potatos all the time, although I don't remember eating them at her house or at my parents. Recently, my dad has been having Jacqui and I make them different ways to figure out his mom's recipe. Yesterday his recipe for us included a lot of heavy whipping cream. They were SO yummy, if still not quite like his mom's. I'm excited to keep trying to get it right, and Jacqui and I are going to exercise today to try to reverse some of the effects of the cream.
Nothing special, but it was a good weekend. I think I'm ready to face the week. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
2 weeks ago
6 comments:
Those potatoes were good, but I don't thin our 20 minutes on the eliptical work it off :) And I still have your pickles
Yeah, those 20 minutes of eliptical didn't work off anything I ate last weekend, if the 'calories burned' was correct...
And you should know because you have my food diary... Did you add the Moose Tracks ice cream on to Saturday yet? Maybe you should keep it off.
You are always so busy, the best way to be.
I remember those potatoes! We have never perfected them either but when you and Jacqui get it right let me know!
Um, I just reread what I wrote. Did I really graduate from college? Sheesh.
Sounds like Easter was pretty good. My Easter Lesson when over I felt bad but like you said I hope they got something from it. :)
Post a Comment