Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting to Know Darren

Today is St Patrick's day and it also happens to be Darren's birthday. Jacqui had this list on her blog a while back and I thought it would be a fun thing to post for Darren's birthday. Granted, a lot of the questions are about both of us, but I think it definitely gives you an idea of what he has to put up with.



  • What is his name? Darren Gordon Casey (He's named after his Uncle Gordon)
  • How long have you been together? we've been married 6 years
  • How long did you date? 7 months, 10 months engaged (we knew each other a total of a year at the time we got hitched -- we were friends first)
  • How old his he? 29 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • Who eats more? He does when we sit down for a meal, but I've got him on snacking
  • Who said i love you first? I don't remember, which is sad, but we say it to each other a lot now.
  • Who is taller? He's taller
  • Who is smarter? Darren knows way more about sports and sport facts, business, fixing stuff, and I'm good with science, math, art, pop culture... We are a tough team to beat at Trivial Pursuit.
  • Who does the laundry? Me, but Darren pitches in when he needs to. I scared him about doing laundry when we were first married. I'd say this last year is when he has finally started getting over it. He makes sure his exercise stuff gets done, which honestly is a big help.
  • Who pays the bills? I pay the bills, but we do the budget together so we both know how much goes where. I am blessed that we have the same ideas about money.
  • Who sleeps on the right side? When we are in the bed, Darren sleeps on the right.
  • Who mows the lawn? Mostly Darren, but he is allergic to grass so sometimes I'll be nice and do it for him.
  • Who cooks dinner? Me, but when I'm out of ideas Darren usually comes through with cheesy french toast, or grilled cheese, or quesadilla's...
  • Who drives? When we go places together Darren drives. We should start taking turns because I still scare him when I drive, whereas I've perfected my Zen breathing when his driving scares me.
  • Who is more stubborn? Darren, but he'd probably say me, so I'd say it's about equal.
  • Who kissed who first? He kissed me -- he lost at cards.
  • Who asked who out first? Darren asked me out first, although this one is tough since we did so much together as friends. But he was the first one to show more interest than just friendship.
  • Who proposed? Darren, but we took a month to decide.
  • Who has more friends? I'd say me, but Darren knows a lot of random people so...
  • Who wears the pants? We both wear the pants, just not at the same time because they aren't that big.

Unfortunately, this list isn't entirely about Darren, but more Darren defined by me. I could say SO much more about Darren! As a subject, Darren facinates and continually surprises me. He is a good friend and a great husband. Happy Birthday Honey!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

P. S. Happy birthday to you too, Courtney! I hope you have a great day. Also, congratulations on the new house.

9 comments:

wyomingerica said...

happy birthday Darren!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Darren! You are still a spring chicken. (sigh for me) Um, does Darren like cheese?

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Happy Bithday Darren! ~ Angela
Happy Birthday Brother Casey!~ Ellie

Johnson Family said...

can I have that cheesy french toast recipe? we LOVE cheese. Happy birthday Darren - you know, my birthday was on Friday (the 14th) and I turned 29 too! We are almost the exact same age! Funny. I am sure you are way more mature though.

Trish said...

Happy Birthday to Darren! It's funny, a couple of these really reminded me of Trevor even though I think they have such different personalities...maybe somethings, like the love of cheese and those particular dishes, are Casey boy things. :o)

LindsC said...

We had cheesy french toast tonight. It was that or sloppy Joes and I lost Rock paper sissors. I don't think I would want to play you guys in trivial pursuit, you guys are way too smart. :) OH tell Darren that in every ward we have lived in since we've been married someone knows Darren.

Carrie said...

That was great!! I enjoyed learning a little more about you guys. Happy Birthday Darren!

Logan and Ashley said...

Happy birthday! I love hearing random facts about people!

Kelli said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Darren! On another unrelated note! Brenda, Tricia wants to invite her Cliff Rencher kids to the wedding. She has put me in charge of gathering your addresses. Could you email me yours and any of your siblings addresses? Pretty please. rollins.kelli@gmail.com Thanks.