Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

No theme or anything for today's Friday Five, just some topics that have been floating around my head this week. Here's the list:

  1. I am currently reading the book that never ends. I have no qualms about stopping a book if it doesn't hold my interest, but The Twentieth Wife is interesting to me (it reminds me of Seven Daughters and Seven Sons a bit) it just seems like it is taking me FOREVER to read the 363 pages. When I see it by my bed, yes, I am hesitant to pick it up, but once I read that first paragraph I'm totally into the story. I'm just not able to read enough to actually finish it. I've renewed it with the library 3 times. Will it ever end?

  2. Our phone line stopped working this week -- at least, we couldn't get a dial tone. Not that this is such a huge issue because no one calls us and it really only gets used for a) the library calling to tell me something I've put on hold is in, and b) the satellite making it's daily communication with the mother ship. We called in a repair but the guy didn't find anything wrong with his end of the line. The next step would have been to pay someone to figure out what was wrong inside our house, but suddenly after he came and 'looked' at the box (because I'm sure that is all he did) we had a dial tone again. Weird, but I'm not complaining. I HAVE to know when a book comes in.

  3. Darren and I only bought three Easter treats -- a chocolate rabbit for each of us and a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs. All I have to say is that it is a good thing Mini Eggs are only around during Easter because I have a serious addiction. What does Cadbury put in them to make them so good?

  4. I stopped at the library to pick up a book for book club and on my way to look at what was new in the young adult section I ran into one of the Young Men in my ward. He and his mom were at the library waiting for his sister to finish her piano lesson. Anyway, I think he thought I was looking for ideas for books because he started finding some of his favorite books for me to read. And bringing them to me. This is the stack I ended up with. Yeah, I think I found someone who spends more time in the library than me... Now I really need to finish the book that never ends.

  5. Darren and I are heading out of town for a quick weekend trip. Although the reason isn't a happy one, we are looking forward to seeing family. The trip does put off painting the kitchen for another week. We are trying to build the suspense.

I didn't think we had a boring week, but it kind of seems like that. Oh well. Hope you have a good weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Wow, you weren't lying about that stack of books. You'll have to tell me if any of them are good.

Michelle said...

holy cow, cadbury eggs. I'm right there with you girlfriend. :)

I luv this blog. except, you have forgotten to mention in your trips to laramie posts how CRAZY COLD IT IS THERE!!! we happened upon it during the latter part of last week so brandon could do a presentation for engineering students, and i tell you what, I had FORGOTTEN!! wowza. :)

I have another book for your stack. "Love Comes Softly" by Janette Oke. set back 150 years "out west." beautiful, easy, short read that gives you goosebumps up to the last line! :) definite girl book, although I got to read some of it outloud to brandon while I had him TRAPPED in the car on the ride home. :)

Trish said...

I hope you guys made it back safely! Abby's (and the rest of us)been very concerned. I've read "Love Comes Softly" also and I really liked it. It's been awhile, but the series really gets you. I think I read every book of hers in the library.

LindsC said...

I was sad to hear about your accident and bailey, hope all works out, let us know. We love you, and take care.
P.S.Man it really looks like I need to read more often. :)

Sarah said...

Nice stack of books!! I loved that movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", I was such a boy crazy teenage girl!! What color are you going to paint your kitchen?