Darren and I went to the Mountain West Conference Tournament in Las Vegas last week. I left my camera in our car at the airport. Yeah, that was lousy. You didn't want to see boring vacation pictures anyway, right? If you did, check out Erica, Ruth, and Becca's blogs -- they took pictures.
We rented a house with the four other couples/friends that went on the trip and I have to say it was the way to go. Last year it was such a hassle going from one spot to another picking up and dropping people off. Being in one location made a huge difference, plus we were away from the busy strip, could come back and relax at 'home' between activities, and still had our own space if needed. It was brilliant. It would have been perfect if the pool had been heated, although that totally didn't stop some of the group from taking a dip. Or doing cannonballs over and over.
The activities this year included shopping, a trip to the Hoover Dam (the bridge they are building is incredible), a temple session, watching movies and the Office on DVD, eating good food, and of course watching good basketball. Not gambling. None of us are really into that, but we did walk through some casinos on the strip because Ruth and Steve had never been. I'm always amazed and kind of sickened at the amount of money that has been put into the casinos, but that is another post for another day. The weather was gorgeous the entire time -- it made me exited for spring and not so excited to come back to snow...
The girls decided not to buy the tournament ticket packages this year, but we ended up watching quite a few of the games on TV and then bought tickets for the championship game. I think we decide that it will be worth it to buy the package next year -- we missed some really good games because we didn't want to fork over the dough. Plus, I don't know about the other girls, shopping got old for me and I wanted to spend more time with Darren. Well, at least be in the same place as Darren. Anyway, let's hope the games will be just as good and nail biting next year. Oh, and, hopefully the Cowboys will actually BE in the tournament. This year they were the team who lost the pigtail game! Sad. But the Cowgirls are going to the 'Big Dance' for women. That's cool. As for who won the men's tournament -- UNLV beat BYU. I could go into the nuiances of the championship game, how UNLV got to play on their home court, how BYU had a great first half but couldn't get anything to fall the second, how both teams were so good it was almost pretty to watch, but I don't want to bore you. Man, I love basketball.
March Madness starts this weekend. *(happy contented) Sigh* Have you filled out your bracket?
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
I wouldn't even know what to do to fill out a bracket. But it sound slike you had a good time. What a fun tradition to have!
We had a lot of fun! Thanks for inviting us:)
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment