Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Okay, it is late, but STILL Friday. I have been thinking all week about what I should do for a Friday Five because I missed last week's, and all the silly things floating around in my brain just won't do for such a late Friday Five. But maybe that is the answer... Darren and I usually go to sleep at 9:00 -- I guess I should say we try to be in bed at 9:00. We've had late nights all week and that is unusual for us. Today's Friday Five are the top five things that keep us up past 9:00:
  1. Reading. Darren can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I can clear my mind and relax my body, but I'm still not THAT good at falling asleep. So what do I do? I read. The problem comes when the book is so good I can't put it down to go to sleep.
  2. Watching some show I've taped. Again, Darren is usually asleep, but I have to see what happened on The Biggest Loser or whatever. By the way, my fellow TBL watchers, can I say how much I dislike the blue team? And, UGH, Mark is back.
  3. Basketball/traveling. Basketball games in the middle of the week usually get over at 9:00, and then we have to drive home from Laramie.
  4. Darren is out of town. It is crazy, but when he isn't there I almost always end up staying up WAY after 9:00. I am pretty sure I'm a night person anyway, but in this case I think I stay up to try to make myself so exhausted that I won't hear any scary house noises.
  5. We are on vacation and everyone else is staying up late.
See, that wasn't too bad. I hope you weren't nervous for what was on my list... I really don't mind going to bed at 9:00, it gives me character. My day may start early, but I am not a morning person. I like sleep!
I hope you have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

4 comments:

LKC said...

Wow. 9pm! What time are you getting up?

Jacqui said...

Yeah! I was wondering if you'd blog from afar. That's a good list. We've been averaging 11:30 since the time change (we were faithfully in bed by 10 or 10:30 before that) and 11:30 is kicking our butts. We need to make a new 'go to sleep early' resolution.

LindsC said...

I'm with you Brenda I could stay up really late if brent weren't around.

Mac Family said...

Blue team rocks. I hate the whiney black team. Although I don't like Mark much.