Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week of Emotions (or Weak From Emotions - you pick)

I can't believe it has been over a week since I posted! Do I need to tell you we've been busy? One of the big things occupying our time was texturing our kitchen. I took a few pictures, but honestly you can't really tell anything was done. I will be doing a 'What We Learned About Texturing' entry next... I did feel like something was missing this week. I checking that I had my keys and my purse and my glasses, but nothing was missing. I decided it's because I missed the Friday Five. Horrible feeling. I'll try not to do that again. Of course that wasn't the only feeling I had this crazy busy week, so I thought I'd give you a little taste of what I've been going through:

Shock and surprise -- when I got offered the job I'd interviewed for the previous week and they said they wanted me to come down for training the next day.

Calm -- after Darren talked me off the ledge and helped me realize the job offer was a good thing for our family and fit with our goals.

Peaceful -- when I prayed about the job.

Tired -- when I had to get up MUCH earlier than normal to drive to Denver for the rest of the week.

Thankful -- that I only have to go down three times a week after I get trained. The drive is rough, although the express tollway sensor makes the trip much more enjoyable.

Excited -- about all the cool things I learned about my new job. I still work for my other job, I'm just being hired out as a consultant. Anyway, I'd forgotten how fun it is to learn new skills and gather information to get the job done.


Weepy, in a happy way -- when we watched this movie. Seriously SO good. Darren and I couldn't believe we hadn't seen this feel good sports movie yet. Both of us agreed it was a one we needed to buy for our collection. LOVED it. Thanks for the suggestion Heidi!

Hungry -- when we finished cleaning up after texturing. Both of us were starving so we treated ourselves to Texas Roadhouse and a little Ben and Jerry's.


Grateful -- that both Darren and I had parents who were equals in their marriages. This feeling stemmed from listening to this set of marriage counseling talks on CD that Curt and Cathy gave us for Valentines/Easter. Actually, I felt a lot of things while listening, mostly good. The topics caused Darren and I to have very helpful discussions about our marriage. The one thing we both agreed on was the great examples we had growing up. Thanks Mom and Dad Rencher and Casey!

Happy -- sitting with my nephew and sister in Chick-fil-a eating ice cream and singing along to Sunshine on My Shoulders by John Denver. I sang, Andy danced.


Delighted -- by this book. I thought I had read it before but didn't remember the story at all. I actually clapped and cheered three times at the end. I highly recommend it.

Anticipation -- for the good times in store for the rest of the week. And for those who need reminding, March Madness is just beginning...

More later. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

11 comments:

Kelli said...

I have to admit I missed you this week! Congrats on the new job! It sounds very exciting but I have to admit change scares me a bit so I recognized all the emotions. Greatest Game is one of my favorites also!

Trish said...

Congratulations!!! I'm very excited for you. Sounds like a great opportunity. We also really liked that movie and I also love that book. I know I've read it at least twice, probably more like 3 times. It's a good one.

Logan and Ashley said...

I was wondering where you went. Good to have you back. Congrats on the new job. Stretching is always a bit hard, but in the end worth it!!

Jacqui said...

Yahoo! you're back! Phew. I felt like I'd lost my keys or something too.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Yay you are back! I miss you greatly when you are gone. Congrats on your new job. I hope it is even better than you imagined.

Two things....
1. I have something for you. I will put it in the mail tomorrow.
2. We bought Sky High and we loved it! It is such a fun movie. I am so glad you and Heidi reccomended it.

Oh and I will be checking out the book and the movie you just spoke of. Rock on!

Brenny said...

Hey Angela, did you ever get your bowl/ chip and dip plate?

And I'm so jealous you bought Sky High. I think Darren and I need to pick it up, too.

LindsC said...

Oh yay Sky High I forgot to mention that we watch it everytime it's on TV, it is good, surprisingly. Congradulations on your job and the wall texturing. Texas Roadhouse and Ben and Jerry's does sound like a great treat for some hard work.

Heidi said...

Tell us more about this job! Good for you on that whole thing, by the way.

I am glad to hear I'm not the only one who claps and cheers at books. I can't wait to read that one.

On a totally random sidenote - why do they bother putting the names of the actors on movie posters if they aren't going to put the correct name over the corresponding person? They do it all the time and it drives me nuts! (end of vent)

AND, to add "exhaustion" to your list of emotions, you guys must come over and play DDR with us! As in you will be exhausted from laughing so hard at my attempts to rock it out.

Christi said...

The Witch of Blackbird Pond...I know I've read it, too-middle school? I'll have to reread. Hey, I want specifics about your work stuff! Exciting changes!

Sarah said...

I always love your comments! I hope the new job goes well! Definately want to read that book.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Yes, I did receive it. Did I not ever say anything? I am a jerk! I am sorry! I love it and I have already used it. Infact when I made my fancy schmancy Valentine dinner (for the whole fam damily) I put shrimp and cocktail sauce in it. It was perfect because it is red and white. Sorry I am a bum. I love it and thank you so much!