Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pick a Peck of Peppers

My green bell peppers are finally growing! So, I was kidding when I said we thought there was cross pollination going on between the green peppers and the jalapenos, but check this out:


I've never grown green bell peppers before. Is this normal?

Aren't they supposed to look like, well, bells? I'm sure they are fine, it just made me laugh that they kind of look like jalapenos.

Speaking of jalapenos, we found this little gem growing on one of our plants.

Darren thinks it's dead. I think it is just spicy.

Maybe we shouldn't have planted them next to the tomatoes...

This garden thing is WAY harder than I ever imagined.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

wyomingerica said...

I wonder?? Cross pollination Doug's parents think there peppers cross pollinated also. No frost yet?

Liz said...

Yes, this is the Liz you knew in Laramie. :) I hope it's okay, but I've been following your blog for awhile on Carrie's list. I love your Friday posts!! On my book blog, please leave comments about books you like because sometimes I run out of ideas too!!

Leslie said...

Our jalapenos all turn red after awhile too. They still taste good and spicy:) They grow crazy good too. Next year I think we will be needing only one jalapeno plant.

Jacqui said...

You should start selling your produce to your neighbors. I know of a lot of people who do that. It's quite profitable :)

Michelle said...

hooray for real green peppers on your plants! (too cold in IF, we only dreamed of peppers...) Isn't it interesting how gardens make us so much MORE all about the food we eat? I think the key for more successful home gardens is manure. We were lucky enough to be the recipients of some one fall, and our garden was WAY more prolific the next summer. it's all about the poop. :) hooray for you guys and harvesting!