Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I love three day weekends because Friday comes that much sooner. Considering what a slug I was on Monday, the rest of the week was much busier. Anyway, I've admitted it before, and I'll say it again, I'm not the biggest football fan. There are many reasons why I should like the sport, and it is growing on me, but for the most part I still get VERY distracted when I watch games. Fortunately, there is plenty to distract me. Today's Friday Five are my favorite things other than football at Wyoming football games. Did that even make sense? It did in my head. Here's the list:

1. I like tailgating. I like listening to everyone's music/pregame radio chatter

eating food that doesn't require utensils.

Wet wipes for your hands.

Who needs that big bag of kettle corn popcorn after eating all that food? Er. Not me. Right?

2. I like being in War Memorial Stadium

and sitting on benches right above the twenty yard line.

In Fall, it feels like home. We'll see how it feels in Winter.

3. I like all the little extras Wyoming does to makes coming to the War special: 3rd quarter Ragtime Cowboy sing and stretch. The Powder River (let 'er buck) cheer. The cannon going off during the star spangled banner right after 'the bombs bursting in air' part (it scares me every time).

The running of Cowboy Joe when we score.

Not as impressive as having a buffalo do the run, but look how cute he is!

4. I like geting together with friends and family.


I think Brice is on the phone...

We had a lot of kids with us this last Saturday so the pictures I can post are limited, but kids are probably my favorite of all football distractions. Metal benches + antsy, tired kids = keeping on your toes.

5. Spending time with Darren. He gets pretty absorbed during the game, but while driving to and from Laramie, he is all mine.




Check. Check. Check. Check. Check.

I hope all of your teams win this weekend. Except if you are rooting for the Air Force Academy. Wyoming plays them this Saturday.

Go Pokes!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

LindsC said...

The tailgaiting was great! Thanks again! Yeah Go Pokes! :)

Carrie said...

I loved your post. We miss getting to go to the games, and all the excitement around town on game days!!

Jacqui said...

Another game? Have fun!

Anna Beal said...

You guys are crazy fans...I love it. We don't get into it "that" much, but I love the BBQ's and getting together with people. Wyoming was fun times.

Kelli said...

I love football! You mentioned some of the very best parts! I only hate 3rd quarter. Nothing good every happens in the third quarter! Have a great time!

Robin Fisher said...

I always get distracted watching other people--The crazy students who paint their bodies, the crazy old man who paints his body (I am sure Darren will be that guy someday)

Jacqui said...

Haha, that would be funny. Ok, I shouldn't have read your post again because I'm fasting and that bbq made my tummy growl with hunger!