- We've been getting Darren ready for hunting this weekend. That's right, the season has started. Darren and his brothers drew antelope and elk, so every weekend this Fall has been carefully planned. All week we've been preparing mentally. Okay, maybe I'm the only one mentally preparing. I'm sure Darren thinks about it, but I'm pretty sure his thoughts are more along the lines of how much fun he will have, and not an obsessive mental lists of what he should bring. Maybe this is why his clothes bag is small and light. He never packs so he has 'outfit options'.
- Darren and I look forward to hunting season for different reasons. Darren's reason is that he gets to spend time with his dad and brothers. My reason is that I get to eat stuff I like but don't normally fix because Darren doesn't like it. This issue really only involves Italian food. When he is away, I tend to over do it. Pasta! Tomatoes! Back up the truck! I made a pot of Pasta Fagiolli soup for this weekend; my crock pot is chucky jam full. Looks like I'm set for meals. I know the outside of my crockpot looks gross -- no need to point it out.

- I helped repair Darren's hunting knife and hatchet carrying case for this hunting season. Darren inherited the set from his Uncle Gordon. After years and years of use, the stitching was coming undone and the knife was starting to poke through. Not safe. Anyway, Darren did the rivet work and I did the sewing. It turned out well; not even close to being professional or anything, but I feel like the sore sewing fingers were worth it.


- Enough about hunting. Has anyone else noticed that the 'new shows for Fall' television lineup is a little sparse and kind of boring? (Nightrider? Slightly intrigued...) Usually by this time I've made a complicated schedule of old favorite season premiere dates intermingled with new shows I want to 'test out'. No schedule this year, just a list of dates so I know when to tune in. I AM excited for Chuck, The Office, and Pushing Daisies to come back (I keep making Darren sit through Pushing Daisies teasers. It drives him nuts). And Biggest Loser started this last week. Woo Hoo!

- I'm hesitant to mention the football game happening this weekend: BYU verses Wyoming. I think my feelings are best expressed by this haiku:
Cowboys have struggled.
The Cougars won three games straight.
Hope dimly remains.
I want to point out that hope does remain, however dim it may be. Anyway, have a good weekend! Think of me happily eating pasta.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
12 comments:
Let me be the first to offer my condolences for the game tomorrow. Go Cougs! :)
I CAN NOT WAIT till The Office and Pushing Daisies start again. Yay for the fall tv.
As for the crock pot...they are suppose to be messy on the outside. That is how you know your doing it right. I lurve crockpot meals!
so you're planning on bringing that big pot of Pasta Frigole soup down to my house tomorrow, right? I'd hate to see it all go to waste sitting in your fridge.
And I laughed so hard at your haiku. Where are they playing? We can listen to the game on KSl.com while we make salsa.
Kraig reveres his hunting knife like Darren too. Does darren ever was his knife?
that happy crock pot looks good enough to drive over 2000 miles to get to...unfortunately, I have a husband and babies to attend to, but if not...I'd be on your doorstep.
and we both sewed this week, hooray for us! (I think you win the prize for manly sewing though, way to be..)
thanks for helping me remember to keep smiling and be happy! I needed it this week!
Pasta Fragoli sounds so good right now. I also laughed about your haiku. You are so random--I love your guts!
Lovely Haiku....go Cowboys.
Have fun eating Italian.
Enjoy the day.
The pasta looks fantastic! Yum. I am also looking forward to fall TV. I have been programming the TiVo and been dismayed to find some overlaps on one night. I love Pushing Daisies and the Office and I will have to check out Chuck. Thanks for the recommendation! I won't mention the game either. Have a happy weekend!
Those shows are on my countdown list too, in addition to Dancing with the Stars, of course! I have missed The Pie Hole.
Let me know if you find anything else worth watching.
Ahhh! Shut your Pie Hole.
I couldn't resist. I think that everytime I look at this post. hehehe
Crockpots are the best! One of my fall favorites...oh - and pumpkin cookies too:) I like it when i'm by myself and can make all the yummy food Matt doesn't like too! So do you ever go on any of these hunting trips as well?
The game was fun. We got to do the Always a Cowboy race that morning and I got to see some old co-workers and then we hung out with matt's fam at the game for the rest of the day. (Glad they weren't playning BYU:) )I did look for you guys but obviously no success. Maybe next time:)
YOu need to check out Sarah Conner Chronicles, Life on NBC (seriously one of our most favorite now, you need to watch it!),Bones, of course, House, although he might be starting to get annoying, and then 24 will be coming back too, oh and Fringe, the new Fox show is pretty good so far, twisted, but good!
Brenda, I wish we could have come and enjoyed italian with you! I bummed we missed the darren and brenda stop. I kinda haven't been looking forward to many shows this season either.
Post a Comment