Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Millions of Peaches

Does anyone remember that song by the Presidents of the United States of America? It was going through my head continuously as Jacqui and I pealed and bottled peaches last night.


We were able to get four batches done (a total of 28 bottles) using a box and a half of peaches. We still have another box of peaches, but we started late and were tired by the time we got to batch four.

And our backs hurt from standing so long pealing peaches.

So, the other box will have to wait for another day. Thanks for doing this with me Jacqui!

I didn't do a weekend update, mostly because I didn't want to make everyone jealous. Darren and I got to hang out with the cool kids who bought and created this:

Cowboy Fever

Cowboy Fever

Cowboy Fever

Cowboy Fever

Notice the big shiny horn? Josh blasted it all the way down 3rd Street and then Grand Avenue. It was tons of fun. The fact that the Cowboys didn't win didn't dampen my spirits. Okay, that's a lie. When they don't win I start thinking about all the things I could have been doing instead.

Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches...

SHOOT! Now it's going to be in my head all day!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

13 comments:

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Oh I love me some peaches! I am hoping I will be canning some next week. That song was really popular right around the time I was either on my mission or just coming home. My brothers would sing it. I thought it was wierd and funny.

Mmmm peaches....gotta bottle me some peaches!

Trish said...

Very impressive Brenda. I was talking to my Dad the other day and he gave me a run down of how much they and every other member of the extended family had canned. It makes me miss it. :o) The bus is pretty impressive too. The guy in a picture with it looks like David Stauffer. Is that who it is?

Christi said...

Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory doooowntown. I'm right there with you girl - every time I open a can of peaches, baby. Tom is shocked by how many of the lyrics I can randomly remember. I haven't heard that song in forever (other than many, many times in my head)...itunes here I come.

Yummy peaches. I need a project buddy to do canning, etc. with. Good work girls!

Ruth said...

I was glad you posted pics of the bus. I have heard tons about this cowboy fever bus, but hadn't actually seen it yet. Very cool!

Leslie said...

That is a seriously sweet bus! (And peaches too!!) I hope the Cowboys win this weekend because we're going to come watch the game with Matt's fam! It would be a long way to drive to not see them win:)

LindsC said...

Hilarious, I just saw that bus today and was laughing to myself. I didn't realize you were hanging with that crazy crowd. My friend Rene lives right next door to them. The peaches look good. Somebodies going to have to teach me about these things.

wyomingerica said...

to many peaches, peaches for free. Lookout
Great song, I will be singing the peaches song tommorow as I do my peaches.

Jacqui said...

Yahoo!

Robin Fisher said...

Yummm! Peaches. Please bottle a few for me. I pick them up next time I am in Denver. Too bad you can't pack them on the airplane.

As far as the bus, yeah no doubt in my mind, Darren will be the crazy old man with his body painted.

Kelli said...

Peaches! Mmmmmm! The look great! What fun to can with your sister.

Courtney said...

The peaches look great! My sis-in-law and I did some a few weeks ago, but we way over estimated, so we have canned some, jammed some, and frozen some. I'm currently on the lookout for any good peach recipes.

Courtney

Heidi said...

I have never heard of that song (I too was on my mission) so I found it on YouTube. Interesting...?

Love canned peaches! Love the bus! The song, not so much.

Baby's got blue eyes said...

Hey everybody needs to come can at my house next. Michelle has a tree loaded with peaches that are alllmost ripe -another couple days or a week and they will be ready. She said I could have as many as I want, actually I haven't bottled peaches since I was living at home do you water bath them like tomatoes? Any takers for a peachy weekend at my house?:) ha ha like you guys don't have a gazillion other things to do. Just thought I'd throw that out there.