Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Wow, okay, so we have been very busy this week. I felt scheduled to the hilt (still do, actually) and I'm going to hazard a guess that Darren felt that way, too. I don't actually know since I've only seen him a total of 2.5 hours all week. I'm not counting sleep time because I didn't even know he was home Wednesday/Thursday until I woke up and found him beside me. Yeah, busy week. I don't know about Darren, but I've had more of my fair share of job stress and loathing this week. Today's Friday Five is a list of things that reminded me that my life has nothing to do with my job.

  1. It was really great spending time with Jacqui and her family on Monday evening. I got TONS of nephew hugs and kisses, ate great food (squash soup for dinner and plenty of peaches), had a spiritual conversation with one of their neighbors, and laughed until late with my sister. She and I are the tail end of the family -- the dining car and the caboose. Guess which one I am?
  2. Eating lunch with my Mom on Tuesday. I drove to her office and she made yummy tuna, apple, celery, and cilantro salad. Mom and me time is still precious, even though I'm over 30.
  3. Phone call from my friend Christi that started as a planning meeting and ended up a chat about life. I think she may have answered a prayer -- like a direction changing, maybe I should pay attention because this keeps coming up, kind of answer to a prayer. Well, at least she reaffirmed the 'direction change' wasn't crazy. Christi, we should talk more often. But not if I make you think you should feel slighted -- yeah, sorry about that.
  4. We talked about Personal Safety at Young Women's on Wednesday and I think some of my girls finally realized why it was NOT a good idea to walk around all alone, hunched in on themselves, with ear buds in, wearing a dark hoodie, at night. Three cheers for the guest speaker who finally got through to them!
  5. Darren called in the middle of the day this week to tell me how the vendor summit was going (he was head of the organizing committee this year), what problems had come up, when he would be home, and that he loved me. I think he needed the reminder that his job is not his wife. I mean LIFE. Not his life. He he he. Funny.
Have a great weekend. Next week is already looking better.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

LindsC said...

Cute Post! sometimes it is hard to get away and realize that there is more to life! :)

I don't think we will make it to your house to stay, I'm sorry!

Christi said...

I'm flattered to be mentioned...I had a great time talking with you, too. Thanks for being such a great friend!

Kelli said...

Dear Dining Car! I am glad you have so many other great things to fill your life. Hope you have a great relaxing weekend and that you get to see your hubbie.

Jacqui said...

Kraig overheard our conversation about being the end of the train, and our subsequent peels of laughter (all puns intended) and he didn't quite understand why that was so funny. OBVIOUSLY he doesn't know 'Brenda and Jacqui' very well :) Just individually :) hehehe

thanks for the grilled pizza last night! It was so yummy!

Trish said...

I hope you had a nice, relaxing, uneventful weekend. :o) At least you were able to sneak in some sister/mom/friend time this week with all of your other stuff.