Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Painting is Done!

We finished painting two weeks ago, but it took me a while to upload the pictures. I like the new color now, but I wasn't sure at first. The wall sconces are also in, but we decided the hanging light we bought wasn't going to work, so we hung it in the dining room instead. I love it. This is what I learned from painting our huge vaulted kitchen:
  • Listen to conference while you work so you have the spirit with you. This significantly cuts down on arguing.
  • Use and edger. It is invaluable.
  • Tape doesn't work very well. Okay, maybe it is just cheap tape that doesn't work.
Short list, I know, but it has been two weeks! Here are the before and after pictures:

Before. The lovely wallpaper.
After. The new paint and wall sconces. We will be adding some crown moulding when we get new cabinets to break up the line, but it doesn't look too bad.
Before. The corner by the two doors.
After. We need to do something about the blue in the doorways.
Before. Over the stove.
After. Over the stove.
Before. By the sink.
After. The kitchen window and sink. We need new drapes!
There are little things we need to do, but for the most part we are done. Yea!
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the color. What a difference the paint made.

LindsC said...

Very nice Brenda you guys did a good job. You can take a big breath now. :)

Logan and Ashley said...

It looks so good! I love house projects.

Heidi said...

Ooooo! Pretty!!! Good job guys. Can't wait to see what you do next.

wyomingerica said...

It looks fabulous. I love the lighting. Great choice of paint.

Trish said...

Nice work. I'm excited to see it in real life!

Kelli said...

It looks fantastic! You two are amazing! It must feel really good to have such a huge project almost completely done!

Anna Beal said...

Wow Brenda, it looks like a totally different house. Nice job.

Naomi said...

Is this Brenda Casey? As in the Brenda Casey that was the R.S. President in the Snowy Range ward about when we(the Durrant's) moved away from Laramie 4 years ago? Well is it? come visit my blog if it is, and if it's not then come visit anyway. I'm always up for a new friend.

Jacqui said...

I love it! It's fantastic! I learned a new way to do curtains...I'll share when I get home...