
Selma Bouvier works at the DMV
I know, I'm a jerk, but soon I found myself wondering what it would be like to work at the DMV. I imagine after a while there is very little that surprises you. I generally like monotonous jobs, but I don't know that I would enjoy the DMV -- too many disgruntled and defensive people for me to keep a positive outlook, I think.
I always think about jobs and whether I'd like working them. Here are my top five picks for jobs I'd like to have if given the chance:
- Meteorologist. I wouldn't have to be a weather person on TV or anything, just someone behind the scenes. Weather facinates me.
- TV pilot audience. I don't know if they even pay for this, but I'd love to watch pilot episodes of shows and give my opinion about whether I think they should be put on the television line-up or not. I'm not that picky, I promise; however, because of some of the scary shows on some of the cable networks, I think I'd limit my services to just the regular networks.
- Textbook Illustrator. I remember looking at the diagrams in my geology textbooks and thinking, I could do that. I like art and creating art. I'm okay -- nothing special, just anal and precise when it comes to science. I think with practice I could be good at diagrams. It'd be cool.
- Librarian. This shouldn't be a surprise, really, because of how much I talk about books. I LOVE libraries and books and I have every hope that I will join the ranks of librarians someday.
- Mom. While I hear this is quite possibly the most challenging job ever, I also think the rewards would be better than anything else I could ever do. This is my dream job.
I do like the job I have now, but if anyone hears about an opening to watch TV pilot shows, give me a call. What about you? If you could pick any dream job, what would it be?
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
11 comments:
I think I'd like to be an author...children's books and novels-but only clean romances with happy endings. Let me know if you here about the TV jobs. :) (By the way, I have been selected on occasion to watch shows and answer some questions about them...no money, but it still made me feel like an extra special couch potato.)
I think it's a toss up between party planner and archeologist. Funny combination, huh? :o)
OOOooo Christi, I'm so jealous!
I think astronomer(sp) the stars and space are interesting, or a designer.
The book I am reading now is Cage of Stars by Jacquelyn Mitchard. It is really good.
I think you'll be the best mom ever.
Don't laugh, I worked at the DMV in college. It was NOT a fun job!! Imagine people don't like paying taxes and waiting in line!?! I would love to be aparty planner, historian, political speech writer, and being a mom is pretty rewarding!! I always love reading your posts!! Hopefully I will see you soon!
Ohh, two more - High school basketball coach and history teacher!
This is Brandon...
I too have noticed that DMV workers are generally mad at the world. At least that is the excuse I give them. I think that DMV workers are even worse than Post Office workers.
My dream job? Perpetual student. And I actually get to start that job in August! Go Gators.
I agree a Mom was my top Dream Job! Next I want to be a writer of books and music. I also thought that I would love to be a professional soccer player or maybe next a coach.
Maybe I am just unmotivated. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out what job I would like. I can't come up with ANYTHING! Hummm, maybe I need to get some goals.
As far as the mom job, you will be a great mom!
I think "wedding photographer" would be cool. (This may have something to do with the fact that our photographer totally flaked on us and never got around to developing our pics, but...)
It would also be cool to drive the zamboni.
Post a Comment