Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Bailey's home! When Darren went to pick her up she was so excited she almost broke the gate off the horse corral. She didn't have any problems jumping into the car, and when Darren let her out during stops she stayed right by him. She didn't eat anything on the trip, but when they got home she devoured the milk bone we gave her for getting in her cupbord. We fed her and then bathed her (there was some suspicious debris on her). Then she quietly slept between us as we watched the NCAA championship game. I hope hearing about our dog hasn't been too boring. We feel so blessed and can't believe we've gotten her back!

Our skinny dog after her bath.
Where she spent most of the evening. Notice the half closed eyes...
We are very thankful for the kind family at Fort Steele that kept their eyes out for Bailey and treated her so well. Any ideas for a gift of thank you we could send? All I can think of is a note, and that just doesn't seem like enough. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Hooray! Welcome home Bailey. I am so happy for you guys and relieved for Bailey that she is no longer wandering. Way to come to your senses girl!
As for a gift of thanks, that is so thoughtful of you, I'll have to think about it. Maybe flowers?

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I am so glad to see you have you sweet Bailey back! Brett and I both were so saddened by the story. We never put a collar and a leash on Harley when we travel either. I think we will from now on. Last night Brett told me to check your blog to see if sweet Bailey was home yet; so we are both glad to see this post today! Congratulations!

I will try to think of something as well to give. I think it is a good idea.

Helen said...

Well, you could send a box of Enstroms because they were so sweet to help you get Bailey back!
Love, Mom

Logan and Ashley said...

Oh man!! I would be so heart broken if my doggy ran away and got lost. I am SO happy for you that you found Bailey! Dogs are the best!!!

Jacqui said...

Hopefully she'll be back to her old bailey self in no time. If you want, I can bring Andy up to help her practice sitting :)

LindsC said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad you kept the post up about her I kept wondering.

Lauren said...

Glad that Bailey is home safe! I bet she was so grateful you loved her and still wanted her. I'm sure she scarfed her food and enjoyed a nice warm place to sleep...

Trish said...

I'm so glad Bailey's back. I've been thinking about the thank you gift and haven't thought of anything super good, but since you're from colorado, maybe there's some Colorado food product, mix, something good/yummy like that that would be nice and personal and they could use and couldn't get at Fort Steele. :o)

Kelli said...

Yippee! I am so glad that Bailey is home safe! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy!

Yellow Barn Girl said...

Bailey,
You are one loved pup!