Friday, April 25, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Today's Friday Five is all about the Signs of Spring at the Casey house. I don't think anything on the list will be particularly different from any other house, but to me, when these things happen, Spring has come! Here's the list:

  1. The Tulips in our front yard. I'm a daffodil person myself, and I personally think these tulips are a little sickly, but they are still spring flowers and that's happiness.
  2. The caterpiller tree hanging down thingies on our aspens. I'm not a botanist so I don't know the technical term for this seasonal growth, but once they fuzz out and turn brown they TOTALLY look like caterpillers. Of course then they fall off they stain our driveway, but what can you do.
  3. Uncover the grill and fill the propane bottle. I am so excited to start grilling dinner every night. Is it because I love barbeque? Probably. Is it because it is so fast? Yes. Is it because Darren generally does the grilling? Definitely.
  4. Along those same lines is uncovering the patio furnature for use after the long Winter. We bought the table at the end of the season last year and didn't really get to use it, so it was a bit of anticipated happiness to take off the cover. I'm super excited. Go ahead and ask me how much I love this slate tile table...
  5. We begin leaving the back door open in the evenings. Well, except for when the wind is blowing from the east, because that is when our town smells. Every other night is lovely, though.

Some other Casey signs of spring that didn't make the list are: ant hills in the cracks of the driveway, dusting off the golf clubs, and taking the sheet off our bed (and just using the down comforter, with cover, at night). I didn't think you'd want to see pictures of those things, especially the golf clubs because mine in particular are DUSTY. The garden is foremost on our agenda this weekend, so hopefully I'll have pictures of our work next week.

Have a good weekend. I hope you are able to get out and enjoy spring! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Ruth said...

I love it! It is so nince there. We just got snow yesturday, so we hope that warm weather comes our way:)

wyomingerica said...

love the tulips I don't think mine are ever doing to bloom. Yours look great.

Trish said...

I love the tulips too. That's one thing I think that is funny about Laramie, the tulips don't seem to bloom until mid May, lilacs in June. It's like everything is a couple months behind. I guess I can start anticipating though. :o)

curt and cathy said...

I'm jealous, we just have tulip leaves in our garden. I can't wait to see the flowers. Spring is really coming...

Carrie said...

Some flowers have come up in our yard too. Tegan loves to see everything changing. I am with you on the grilling. I can't wait to start doing that, then that means that I don't have to cook, and no mess to clean up

Robin Fisher said...

I guess that is one benefit of living in the south. Daffodils bloomed almost a month ago--they grow wild here in the woods. Every tree is in bloom. Adam and Amanda are singing "Popcorn Popping" all day long. And my favorite, dogwoods are in bloom. We have already grilled out a few times too. This is my favorite time in Tennessee.

LindsC said...

Okay no I'm the Jealous one I planted tulips and I don't even have green coming up I think that I must have done something wrong. :) And I'm totally on page with you about BBQ. I've got my hubby working already. And I love your patio furniture it's beautiful oh and how much was it? :)

The Coolest Allen Family said...

My favorite flowers are tulips! We were suppose to plant some last year, we bought the bulbs and everything. Then we forgot. We are such dorks!

Jacqui said...

"caterpiller tree hanging down thingies" REally, Brenda? I have one word for you: Google.

Hooray for Spring! I love the table, it's great!

Sarah said...

I am definately a tulip person! I keep thinking Spring is here and then it snows!!! Great lesson on Sunday!