Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I'm feeling much more inspired this week. Is it that I've finally accepted the crazy spring weather? Maybe. Regardless, I feel like I have much more to say this week. That being said, here is the Friday Five:
  1. Darren won his soccer game last night. I don't want to say 'finally,' but FINALLY. I don't know if you've noticed that I haven't talked a lot about soccer, or maybe you just thought Darren was no longer playing. No, I was waiting for some good news to report. Whether they win or not Darren always has a good time, so it doesn't really matter, but still. Good job.

  2. Did anyone else cheer during The Office last night? Did anyone else feel like they could commiserate with Kevin? Did anyone still laugh at him at the beginning when he had to walk from the satellite parking? Did anyone else squeal and quickly rewind to watch the part when Jim brings out the ring? Did anyone else squirm during the coffee date? I'd like to blame any squealing on Darren, but no one would believe it. I'm such a girl when it comes to things like that...



  3. So, I found a slightly disturbing similarity between two books I've been reading. The first is I, Robot, which isn't anything like the movie, by the way. Well, some things are the same, like the 3 Laws of Robotics that are basically: 1) a robot can never harm a human or cause a human to come to harm by it's actions or inactions, 2) a robot must obey orders given by a human except where it conflicts with the first law, and 3) a robot must protect its own existance as long as such protection does not interfere with the first and second law. I, Robot (the book) is actually a collection of short stories, and in one of the stories it is points out that on a basic level humans also follow these same laws -- 1) do not harm others, 2) obey authority, 3) self preservation. Interestingly enough, the SAME three laws came up in another book I am reading, The Rules of Survival, which is a story of an abusive mother. The first law may seem like a stretch, but they totally talk about it in the book as well as the other two laws. Crazy and cool that the books mention the same thing but in different contexts, right? I thought so.


  4. When I came home the other day I noticed some yellow in my flower beds and was so excited. Yea! The flowers have come! On further investigation I found it was a dandelion. So, no, the flowers have not come, but the weeds are here.


  5. Darren and I are home this weekend and will be doing some much needed spring cleaning. Actually, it sounds like Darren will be starting in on the backyard shoveling rocks. I'm not sad, because it means I can go at my own pace with the house cleaning and not have to haul wheel barrels full of rocks. Also, I'm excited to open the house and air it out!
I hope you have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks for confirming that the boys won! I was asleep when James got home and told me and I thought maybe I had been dreaming. Did you go? Good job guys!!!

Still waiting for pictures of your kitchen! I'm dyin' here!!!

wyomingerica said...

Hope you get alot done this weekend, isn'tit nice to know you don't have to compete with football of basketball. Get those boys to work. Now we have to wait for fishing!!!

Trish said...

I know what you mean about airing out the house. I always get excited about being able to open the windows when it's finally warm enough. :o)

Carrie said...

Speaking of flowers...Tegan has been so excited to see the flowers coming up in our yard. She calls it her garden, and it just so excited about the new flowers.

LindsC said...

ditto what Trish said I was going to say exactly that

Jacqui said...

I'm so excited for tonight's Office to see what happens. But I totally laughed.