Friday, April 4, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Eventhough Darren and I started our week on Tuesday, Friday couldn't come faster. I'm ready for the weekend! Here's the list:


1. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for Darren and me and especially Bailey. I think we are holding up well considering the circumstances. I personally am feeding my pain with plenty of these:

And These.

And These.

Don't worry, I'm not eating all three every day or anything, just when I need some extra comfort. Anybody have other suggestions for comfort foods?


2. I caught a cold, which isn't surprising considering the stress my body has been in the last week,. The only place I can think that I might have caught something is at the motel we stayed in on Sunday. Now, I'm not as germ-a-phobic as some of my family (*cough* Jacqui *cough* Robin *cough*), but even I have gotten the heebie jeebie's thinking about all the hands that have touched the light switches and door knobs in that motel room. I'm almost convinced to carry Lysol wipes, spray, and gloves everywhere I go. Almost.



3. I finished listening to A Tree Grows in Brooklyn this week. I loved this book, but I'm still not sure if I enjoyed the ending. Since I was expecting a House of Mirth type ending, I was a little surprised that things worked out as well as they did; however, it was a beautiful book about learning and growing up and making the most of what you have. It made me think a lot about appreciating what we have and the beauty in living simply. It was chosen as one of the books of the century and I totally agree with the choice.



4. This just made my day when I got it in the mail. Thank you so much Angela! And the fact that it was on sale makes it even better...


5. Darren and I will start painting the kitchen this weekend. I'm excited to get it started and even more excited to listen to General Conference while we paint. Last conference I was pealing wallpaper off our big wall as the first step in the kitchen project. We won't be completely done by the end of the weekend, but we'll get a good chunk finished, and listening to Conference on Saturday will help the job go fast.


Have a good weekend! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

9 comments:

Jacqui said...

You like 3 musketeers? There's nothing to them but nouget (is that a real word, or one created by candy makers?) and chocolate. But I totally second your 'stress food' of chips. I'm a glutton for chips. Really. It's bad. I should use the Church's new 12 step recovery program to break the habit.

I've reserved the book at the library. It should come in sometime next week.

Jacqui said...

I bet you don't use the cart wipes at the grocery store either, do you? Ewww, yuck.

Brenny said...

I do use the cart wipes. It drives Darren nuts, but after Heidi's blog about what is on the handles I have to...

LindsC said...

I love comfort food too!! Chips, Ice cream, cookies, snickers. They are great! I agree about the 3 musketeers, I never understood the appeal.

Trish said...

That slurpee is looking pretty good right now...:o)

josh said...

We are glad you guys are OK. Heard about the closures up that way, but never dreamed someone we knew would be involved. Addy was especially worried about Bailey. She is a smart pooch though.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

Yellow Barn Girl said...

I am still coming out of my hazy month so I have so much to say.
I am releived to hear about Bailey. Hopefully you can get her safe at home soon. Also, it seems like you may not be needing comfort food as much as you did. If by chance you do, I have an incredible list of my comfort food on my blog. Slurpees are not on the list, but they should be. You have had a wild time with scary roads and cadbury mini eggs. Love them the mini eggs that is. Way to be on the own your car deal. Mark and I are the same way, cheaper insurance, yada yada yada. I love reading your blog, and all the fun you have to say. I am so sorry to hear about your sadness too. Thanks for being so real. You make me want to be a super reader like you. Here's me being real. I see the books by my bed and think I'd rather sleep. You are wonderful. Here's to you inspiring the masses! or at least me.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Yay! I am glad you got your calendar. Hopefully you will enjoy it even though it is 3 months into the year! :)