Monday, April 7, 2008

Good News


Fort Steele Post Office. Approximately 1920

A nice man living at Fort Steele called Saturday afternoon to tell us Bailey has been wandering around the abandoned buildings by Fort Steele. He said he would keep an eye on her and leave her some food. Darren and I were excited to get the news and hopped in the car to see if we could find her. We spotted our skinny skinny dog just where he said, but after 4 hours of trying to get her, she eluded us into the hills. Unfortunately, she wasn't responding to our voice and would run away when we called her name. She must be one scared pup! We did push her north of the freeway where there were more houses, and Sunday Evening the same man called again to tell us Bailey had wandered into his yard. He now has her in one of his horse corrals. If the weather improves, Darren will drive up there tonight to pick her up. Yea!

In other news, we finished the kitchen painting. the bottom color turned out a little darker than anticipated, but we both like it for now. I'll post pictures in a day or so after we do some touch ups.

I hope you had a good weekend. We sure enjoyed listening to General Conference while we were painting! The talks helped fill my cup and I'm grateful for such wonderful, inspired leaders. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hurrah for Bailey! How funny that she wouldn't come when she saw you. She still must be very scared. I'll see if I can find the number to the pet psychic so she can tell you all the adventures Bailey's been having :)

And why did you add the word verification?

The Morrells said...

I just had a chance to catch up on your blog. What a terrifying experience! We had to travel those roads several times during the winter and I always dreaded it. We had to stop and stay the night once in Rawlins because it was so bad! I hope you get your dog back and I'm glad you guys are okay. How scary!

Robin Fisher said...

Brenny, I suggest family counseling so Bailey can work through her abandament issues :)I am so happy for both of you. Mike wants to get a dog. He has one in Iraq--Daisy. After you lost Bailey, I told him there was no way for us to get a dog--emotionally, I couldn't handle loosing a dog. Oh, man, now he will bring it up again :) I am sending happy thoughts your way.-R

Brenny said...

I've seriously thought about counseling because I just KNOW Bailey is going to have boundary issues. Who wouldn't have issues going back to a fensed yard after having the Wyoming wilderness to wander in for a week?

But she's a dog. I'm not paying for counseling!

Kelli said...

Brenny,

I am so, so happy that Bailey is physically ok. We all carry emotional scars and seem to plug away without counseling (although Alli might diagree) so after a few weeks of love and food I am sure Bailey will be better!

Michelle said...

oh my gosh, you MADE our week. that is seriously a little miracle if you ask me, I couldn't be happier for you three. :) hooray!!

Carrie said...

That is great news about Bailey. Hopefully after being back with you guys for awhile she will be back to normal.

LKC said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure she'll be glad to be back home. I think you need to let her sleep in your bed with you so she can deal with her separation issues.