Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I feel like this should be the Friday Ten instead of the Friday Five. I have so many thoughts swimming around in my head from our trips. I'll try to condense and make it interesting. Here's the list:


  1. The girls and I drove to Utah two weekends ago to play with my sister Cory and her kiddos. We got in on the really good parties (both Connor and Paris had had important birthdays), we swam, we ate yummy food, played games, shopped, and generally had a great time. Thanks for everything, Cory.

  2. Some things I learned while in Utah: how to successfully throw an 8-year-old birthday party, Darren has completely tainted Big Miss's view of BYU, The Creamery isn't as good as I remember (sorry all), I lived in the cutest house in Provo, Clue is still one of my favorite games, the new generation needs lessons on how to play Clue since Cory and I SCHOOLED THEM, and Big Miss and Little Miss are fun traveling companions.


  3. While in Utah I went to IKEA with my BFF Christi. She was the perfect person to go with on my maiden voyage to this idealized shopping mecca. Unfortunately, our combined shopping/miser powers were not enough to stop me from buying two duvets, a cheese grater, and homemade Popsicle shells. That weekend I also totally crashed Christi's little brother's wedding reception. So fun to see Christi's parents and see the man her little imp of a brother grew up to be.

  1. Last weekend we went to Green River to hang out with Darren's family. We were spoiled, and we loved every minute of it. We drove to the Vernal Temple to do baptisms, took walks by the river, helped make cookies (Autumn and Cathy got into a flour fight, but Cathy didn't want me to post her cute flour picture), and played at the spray park.


  2. Another highlight of last weekend? Visiting Steve at the fire station. Seriously, I have some pretty cool brother-in-laws: fire fighter, deputy sheriff, pharmacist, accountant, mechanic, chef, army captain, and jack-of-all trades. Since we can all garden and are pretty handy, I think we could start a sustainable community. I didn't even mention what the girls in the family bring to the table. I know I'd be willing to drill water wells and help teach science. All we are missing is a doctor. I wonder what we'd call our community...

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the sun.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

11 comments:

Kelli said...

WHAT! YOU WERE WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF ME? I AM NO LONGER SPEAKING TO YOU! AND I WILL ONLY TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO SHOW MY ANGER!

Kiley said...

Cute pictures. Sounds like lots of fun traveling. How are you liking part time work?

Robin Fisher said...

Yeah, what would we call our little community? :)

terrahall said...

I love Ikea as well. Totally awesome place.

D.B. said...

So can I get a list of the important birthdays so I know which ones aren't so important lol

Jacqui said...

Who is the "Jack of all trades"? I think I know everyone else...

Isn't it more important that Stacy goes to college than where she goes to college. Maybe you should remind Darren of that. UW isn't the only school out there. And BYU is cheap. That should appeal to his miserly side. I'm just saying...

I think you should post the photo of Cathy. That would be SO cute!

We played Pictionary with Zach and COnnor over Christmas and I don't think I've ever laughed that hard. Maybe we should break out Master Detective Clue, Brenny. We'd totally rock it. I hope I remember how to play. I think mom still has it in her basement.

I love the sunglasses. So cute. and I love that Autumn is workin' it with her hand on her hip :)

I love you guys! Come and play with me.

PS I'm not sure if Kelli will ever read your blog again. She seemed pretty upset ;)

Becky said...

You have been up to some wonderful stuff! Wish I could have seen you when you were out here in UT.
That is one concentration of talent in your family! Maybe you could call it Coolville?

Johnson Family said...

IKEA is one dangerous store. Our family has quite the "spread" as far as skills go (including a dr!) too and we have seriously talked about starting our own community...although, for "procreation" we might want to talk about a community where our families join forces. LOL.

Johnson Family said...

sorry...I think maybe that comment about procreation sounds weird. Excuse the brain, please.

Christi said...

I think we are a good influence on each other-wish we could do more shopping together. And, you got great prices on that stuff, so no guilt! I'm Jonesin' your popsicle molds, though.

Looks like lots of fun for you lately! And, I want in on your community. I'm not sure what I could contribute, though. Hmmm....

Chris said...

sounds like darren is doing his job in regards to byu. way to go.