Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I can't believe February is almost over. I mean, I know it is a short month and everything, but this year it seemed to go FAST. On the whole, I don't think February gets a lot of love, which is ironic since it is considered the 'month of love', so I decided that today's Friday Five should be things that make February cool and reasons to be sad to see it end. Here's the list:




  1. Groundhog Day. Is there another holiday that includes an animal predicting the weather? It's so random and yet it appears on most calendars like it is a national or religious holiday instead of a carry over from some pagan festival. Long live Puxsutawney Phil.


  2. Leap day. No other month gets an occasional extra day tacked on. Only February is lucky enough.


  3. It sets a pretty pattern. Because there are 28 days, and 7 days a week, March ends up looking exactly like February (except if it is a leap year, of course). The number and pattern person in me gets geeked out about this every year. It seems so pretty and orderly. This year there are two Friday the 13ths right in a row. Two! In a row!*


  4. The superbowl, the academy awards, the best of the college basketball rivalry games -- all happen in February. Take your pick which you will miss more, but any of them is a reason to miss this short month.


  5. I don't know about anywhere else, but February was GORGEOUS in Colorado this year. It made me excited for spring. March is generally snowier here then February, and while I know we need the moisture, knowing the snow is coming is one more reason I'm sad to see February go.


So, goodbye February! See you next year. Everyone else, have a good weekend. I'll see you in March.


Keep smiling and remember to be happy.


*Update: according to Wikipedia, in non-leap year years, November also starts on the same day as the February of that year. That's two months that follow February's pattern. February is such a trend setter.

14 comments:

Kelli said...

I am glad that you like February! I am jealous you had such great weather this month! I must agree that I love how orderly February is!

Jacqui said...

Ya, I loved the order especially this year beacuse the 1st was on a Sunday so it all fit nicely into 4 rows on the calendar :)

Three cheers for February.

And that was a cool frog jump. Did you have to look up how to spell punksytawney Phil?

Robin Fisher said...

You make me laugh so hard! I love your update about November, too.

Becca said...

I love you Brenda!

LindsC said...

Shout out for February! :)

Liz said...

"What if there is no tomorrow??? There wasn't one today!!!"

Brice and Evee said...

I loved all of the reasons you love February, but the order one did really remind me of what an organized, orderly person you are (especially the update for November).

Krith said...

I also love how February sets the pattern for the dates in March. And yes, 2 Friday the 13ths!!! Guess what? There is one in November also, and it just happens to be Tyler's 15th birthday! He is very excited.

Logan and Ashley said...

Ditto, Feb needs more love!!

flem-fam said...

I agree - February gets the shaft a lot!

I have not been invited to Shannon's blog either, but I just sent her a message on facebook saying that we'd both like an invite.

Mac Family said...

I know I'm late in commenting since it's last Friday, but I also loved the February weather! I just couldn't believe the weather was so nice. Don't envy people in the snow. And my choice would have to be the Super Bowl.

Krith said...

So, how was TOFW? I had planned on going down to Denver for that. My sister lives in Denver and we were going to have a girls' weekend, but I ruined those plans in January when I hurt myself. I'm sure it was awesome. I am going to try to go in May when they come to Billings!

Robin Fisher said...

ARGH!!! 2 Fridays in a row and no posts!!! You are killing me here.
:) I look forward to the recap.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Um...where are you? I am starting to worry! It also makes me feel lonely! Come back to us! Perty please?!