Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

We are done! Well, almost. There are a few more touch ups we need to do, and obviously take off the paper from the windows, but the biggest part of the project is done. We've learned a lot. Today's Friday Five are the top five things we learned while painting. Here's the list:
1. Inviting guests for a weekend is a great incentive to complete the project.
Before
After
2. It is a good idea to have rollers in case the airless sprayer stops working.
Before
After
3. If you don't clean the sprayer well enough, the paint can end up looking like graffitti.
Before
After
4. If you don't get everything done before the guests arrive, all motivation to finish after the may plummet after the guests are gone.
Before
After
5. Once you paint, other things will look dingy, like the furniture and carpet, and you'll want to start another project. DOH!
Before
After
I like how it turned out, and so far we've gotten a good response. It was a lot of work and I have to give Darren the credit for having the vision to complete it. I sure love that guy. Have a good weekend.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

18 comments:

Figgins said...

It looks very nice. You have done a great job. Love the color yellow it is so cheerful.

Kelli said...

What a great job! What a LOT of work! Good job you two! Are you going to take it easy for a few weeks? Or should I ask "What are you doing next...?"

Liz said...

Can you come over to my house and finish all our projects? We never seem to have time and the list keeps getting longer and longer. We're finally getting around to painting the master bedroom and bathroom and we've lived here 2 years!!

Robin Fisher said...

I know what you mean about projects. They are never ending :) We will be calling for the "Cliff Notes" about how to get popcorn off the ceiling.

Leslie said...

Wow - looks great! I so so SO agree with #5!

Becky said...

Wow! It's so much brighter! It looks great!

Kelly and Kyla said...

That looks really good. I like the yellow. We want to paint our house, but I am so indecisive when it comes to paint color. Ashlyn's room is the only one we've got done and that was to bribe her into it.

Michelle said...

I have to tell you a funny thing. for some reason, when I was scrolling down the first time, I kept thinking it was the BLUE that was the after, and the yellow before, and I was SO WORRIED, thinking, "Oh no, look how much better the yellow was!" then I got my act together at the end and realized the yellow WAS the after. PHEW and a big sigh of relief.

in other words...it looks fab. :)

curt and cathy said...

It looks really good. I like how it's all come together. I really like the yellow. You guys did a great job.

Jacqui said...

How did I miss that you had finally posted?

I LOVE IT! I'm so excited to see it in person. Wow! It sure is a sunny room now. Well done you two!

Jacqui said...

I can't tell from the photos, but did you end up painting the ends a darker shade like the blue was?

Carrie said...

I love it Brenda!! I think the yellow really brightens it up!

Heidi said...

Wow, talk about a transformation! It is like night and day. (Ha! Quite literally!) I LOVE the color!

Did you paint the beam or is it still taped up?

wyomingerica said...

The house looks great! I hope I can wait to get to Vegas to shop. I need a swimming suit and that is a lot of work. The kids have winter break on friday I want to go to Billings. I just can picture then in the womens dressing room waiting for their mom why she tries on swimming suit. So needless to say I'm a little antsy about shopping. Yea for Vegas!!

LindsC said...

oh You guys it looks so good!!! I'll bet that was a lot of work that is a lot of space to do. You guys did a good job!

Trish said...

Nice job. It looks really good--bigger and brighter. I'm gladd you guys will be painting experts by the time we do anything like that.

Jayne said...

It looks like you even installed lighting! Everything looks really good and light. Are you officially done changing the paint colors in the house?

Mac Family said...

Well I already told you and I got to see it in person, but I'll say it again. I absolutely love it. You picked such a good yellow. A perfect yellow I think. And the lights add so much more light to that room....next up, slip covers!