Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend Recap

Just a few pictures of things we did this weekend.

Darren and I don't really celebrate Valentine's day. I mean, we said, 'Happy Valentine's Day,' and then didn't think about it until we got ready to participate in our Stake's adult dance that night. It's the miser thing, again. We don't like to spend money on gifts. Maybe sometime we'll start doing something cute and creative, like Ruth and Steve, or make it a family holiday with a celebratory dinner, like Trish.

Of course, if we haven't started doing it now, we may never do it.

Anyway, Darren went to clean the church early and then headed down south to help someone move. I had the oil changed first thing.

I like going to Grease Monkey.


They give me flowers.

Darren thinks that is the only reason why I go there, but I also get a discount on their excellent car wash.

I had the Mia Maids over to make some decorations for New Beginnings. The theme is, 'It's a Wonderful Time' so we made a bunch of clocks. The glue made them warp slightly and become very Dali-esc.


Time flies when you're having fun. Or wilts and melts into the ground...

Darren came home and he and I drove up north to continue to help with the move. Very nice people. Lots of food storage AND quite a few pressure canners. I was all geeked out.

The dance was fun. Melanie won't send me the pictures she took of Darren and me, so no evidence that Darren looks good in red.

Overall, a good weekend.

Oh! I finished edging the last wall we painted in the dining room. Stay tuned for my list of things I learned while painting a large vaulted room...

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Kelly and Kyla said...

Hey Brenda, you're not the only one that dosn't spend money on "emotional" holidays. We'd rather spend it on something more meaningful. Don't get me wrong, I still buy flowers for Kyla, only when their price isn't inflated:)

Jacqui said...

Sounds fun. I'm really eager to see some of these before and after photos of your house. Maybe I should just come and visit.

Ruth said...

We like to celebrate valentine’s day, but we do "from the heart gifts"... it makes it fun that way for us:) So glad you guys have had fun. I bet Darren looks great in red!!! We can't wait to see the new work to the house if we stinking ever get to your house!!!AHHHHHHH!!!!

--plenty coats

LindsC said...

I'd go to grease monkeys too if they gave me a flower and a discount on a car wash. :)

I can't wait to see the updates on your house. :)

Leslie said...

Do post some painting tips soon! I need all the help I can get! Maybe I'll have to try out grease monkey....I could really use a good car wash! Darn white cars!

Kelli said...

Who is this person who don't send you the photos. I would like to see the two of you at the Valentines Dance. Please lodge a formal complaint from me.

Can't wait to see the room and get the tips.

Kiley said...

When you said you changed the oil in your car, I thought you meant you changed the oil in your car. I was impressed.

Logan and Ashley said...

We are the same way. We don't spend money on gifts, we just go out to eat and hit the dance!! Darren does look smashing in red... :0) Hahaha, I will be evidence that you guys were there.

Mac Family said...

umm, I sent it to you!!!! get me off this bad person list! i sent those pics to you!!! you know i could of not taken that picture of you two!

Robin Fisher said...

Yeah, Mike was feeling like a bum after Mom delivered Kraig's Valentine gift (diamond stud earrings) to Jacqui. Mike promised me herbs for a herb garden and I promised him an electrician to wire the garage for 220 power. Ahhh, Amore!