On Saturday, I made an impulse buy. It turned out good and bad. Bad because it meant work for me, and good because it actually worked.
Remember me telling you that once you paint, everything else looks dingy and in need or replacement? Well, the wood in the living room/dining room area (baseboards, window casing, stair railing, doors) looks so scratched. It was really starting to bother me, but the last thing I wanted to do was replace them or paint them. Unfortunately, those were looking like the only options.


After

Before

After

Remember me telling you that once you paint, everything else looks dingy and in need or replacement? Well, the wood in the living room/dining room area (baseboards, window casing, stair railing, doors) looks so scratched. It was really starting to bother me, but the last thing I wanted to do was replace them or paint them. Unfortunately, those were looking like the only options.

Standing in the cleaning aisle on Saturday I found Old English Scratch Remover. Remembering all those Designed to Sell episodes I watched on HGTV this winter, I realized this might be the answer.
Here are some before and afters.
Before
After

Before

After

The scratch remover doesn't hide everything, but it does a dang good job in my opinion. I don't even mind the work. Last night I did most of the dining room baseboards while listening to the Wyoming/CSU game. The Cowboys won.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
10 comments:
wasn't it a great game, little to close for comfort. I'm so excited to see them in person. I know I've told you 100 times but I can't wait!!
Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, vegas, VEGAS, Las Vegas, City of lights, the town that never sleeps, party town, entertainment capitol of the world, Lost Wages, The Bone Yard, Sin City, What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Vegas.........
Doug
It made me SO excited to listen to the game. Darren got to go, but I had scheduled VT and couldn't make it in time. Darren said it was a fun one to watch. Go Pokes!
That is really pretty good, Bren. Good thing you saw all those episodes. Bren. And good thing you thought about taking before and after photos. If it hadn't worked, you should have sent the remainder of the bottle and the photos back to old english for a full refund :)
WOW, what a difference it made. I might have to try that.
You should get those guys to pay you for the advertising. I'll have to try the product thanks to Brenda the marketing agent.
Hey it looks great! Good job! It is great to know that watching hours of TV can payoff! Now if I can only find a way to apply The Office to improve my life!
I LOVE the easy solution!!
Wow that turned out great!
I'll remember that next time for any projects that I may have to do.
Post a Comment