Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

So I was looking through some pictures on my camera and came across these gems. Our Young Men and Young Women did a duct tape fashion show a week or so ago. Each age group had a different fashion assignment, and the Mia Maids and Teachers (14 to 15 year-olds) were asked to create future fashion. They decided everyone in the future would be a superhero (are they a product of the positive affirmation generation? You know, every child is brilliant and can do no wrong...). In today's green society, they fittingly chose to use recyclables to accessorize. Today's Friday Five are future fashions straight from the trend setters of the day -- the young people! Here's the list:


  1. Caps for young men will never go out of style. This variation is a nod to the old bowlers. The weather proof material is light, and while not particularly breathable, will allow tomorrow's superhero to show off their super hair.

  2. This hair soda bottle top/toilet paper roll accessory is both aerodynamic and oil absorbing. Think of all the cool patterns you could put under each roll of fresh TP! No woman would complain about changing the toilet paper again.

  3. Tomorrow's superheros must be concerned with keeping their muscles (and identities) under wraps. With these new milk jug sleeves, no one will ever be able to figure out the size of your guns.

  4. Wheelies are so over. Why roll when you could hover? Tomorrow's superhero chooses to fly their way through life with these super sonic jet propulsion attachments. Superheros save walking for when they work out in the gym.

  5. Tomorrow's superheros must have a cape. Anyone can don a used pizza box since most meals will come in this form. The more adventurous will collect used paper plates and arrange them in a pleasing design.
There you have it folks, the future. Have a good weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Trish said...

Those are pretty funny. I remember a girl I knew who had made a skirt out of duct tape. It was pretty amazing...even cute. :o)

Kelli said...

Duct tape will most certainly play an important role in the the future! I am so glad it comes in designer colors now so we woun't all be wearing grey!

Jacqui said...

That is so funny. HOw do people come up with that creativity? If I were presented with that assignment, I would probably just make a skirt out of duct tape. and maybe suspenders

Ruth said...

Soo funny Brenda!! They sure have great imaginations. They came up with some great ideas!! I liked the hover idea with the rolls taped to the their shoes. That should give them some intense hover power!!!

Robin Fisher said...

The youth are so funny.

Logan and Ashley said...

YIKES!! I am not so sure I am excited about the future in fashion!! That looked like so much fun!

LindsC said...

What imaginations! I sure I don't have to where paper/plastic products in the future, but I suppose if the economy keeps going down. :)