Friday, January 30, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Between painting and all my other goings on, this week has been a bear. The sale (and the reason I've been coming to Denver) has happened. I'm not entirely done in Denver, but pretty darn close. I can see that light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a train. It is more sleep. And the possibility of getting the dark circles under my eyes to go away. I'm in a nostalgic mood, so today's Friday Five are the things I will miss about working in Denver. Here's the list:


  1. The office space. I have an office with an actual door and windows. My cube in the office up north does not have these things. I will miss seeing the sunshine. Goodbye sunshine. *Sniff*

  2. The gym across the street. I am still on my parents membership so it was free. Lucky, I know. Never mind that I haven't been in months. Goodbye gym across the street. Smell ya later.

  3. The number of books I listened to in a month. Goodbye extra 6 - 9 hours of literary CD/Tape enjoyment per week. You will be missed.

  4. Holiday decorations. The lady down the hall decorated for everything. Even NASCAR. I didn't know that was a holiday. Goodbye holiday decorations. Think of me when you celebrate President's Day.
  5. Seeing family more often. I was worried how commuting would affect the 'Darren and Brenda' family, but we adjusted just fine. The biggest blessing has been going to lunch with my mom and dad, and seeing Jacqui and her family at least once a week. This hands down is what I will miss the most.

Have a good weekend. Enjoy the Superbowl! Oh man, I should have done a Superbowl Friday Five. Actually, I'm not as invested as last year. If Tom Brady were in it again, I might have something to say.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

9 comments:

Helen said...

We will miss getting to see our Brenda, too, for lunch and laughs. Dad and I are looking forward to seeing Darren, too, and the outcome of the stripping and painting projects at your house when we come to Greeley.

Jacqui said...

Yahoo! I love making the list.

Ya, I haven't graced the door of 24 Hour Fitness for months either.

I'll miss you, Brenny! Hopefully it won't feel like we live in seperate states:)

Ruth said...

I laughed about the decorations for everything. I bet that made it fun!! The office space was nice too...sniff... sniff!!Cute!!

--Plenty Coats

Becky said...

Is Tom Brady the oldest of the Brady Bunch? Is he the one with side burns? What's the Superbowl, a really big cereal bowl for something special fruit loops? Well, here's to a night with Tom and cereal!

D.B. said...

Here we go Steelers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3uiCRr3dGE&feature=related

Leslie said...

I'd miss seeing family the most too. And then maybe the gym...but then again maybe the NASCAR decore! Haha! Hope you enjoy the short commute and more sleep...or more painting?!?! Good fun right there:)

Christi said...

Yeah, what's a Super Bowl without a hot quarterback?

LindsC said...

You are too cute! So it looks like your choice to do the denver commute was a good one! I love it when I make the right choices. :)

Kelli said...

How did I miss this week! Glad I caught up. I would also miss your family. In fact I do miss your family! I would also miss the extra book listening hours.