- The weather has been gorgeous. Denver was in the 70's a few days this week. In January! My mom had the rule that it had to be at least 70 degrees for us to wear shorts to school. I could have worn shorts to school in January! It's like we live in California or something. Although, I think most Californians think 70 degrees is too cold for shorts.

- We used the airless sprayer this week to prime the walls and ceiling (we are painting this weekend). It went so fast. I may never paint another wall again unless I can use an airless sprayer. I'm not joking.

- Christi warned me, but I still watched the ABC Family presentation of Another Cinderella Story. I will totally admit that I like teeny bopper movies, but this was even pushing it for me; however, I'm tempted to recommend it to my friends who like So You Think You Can Dance. I'm not that into it, but I think you might enjoy the dancing they had in the movie. You have been warned, so don't blame me if it turns out you don't like the movie. I can't believe I dedicated an entire paragraph to this movie.

- We are reading The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay for one of my book clubs this month, and I happened to be at one of the other member's house and noticed that her book was MUCH bigger than my book. I was so confused. Did I get the abridgement or something? Come to find out I have the 'Young Readers Condensed Edition'. Apparently at the end of my book he is only 15 or something. I didn't know they did that to books. As you can tell from my side bar, I haven't even started reading it yet. I didn't think it was that long so I've been putting it off. DOH!
- So, we are keeping our spare bedrooms and linen closet taped until we are done painting. Unfortunately, the list of things I need from these rooms keeps growing. Here is what I've 'shook my fist and hollered' about not having access to: band aids and Neosporin, body soap, wash cloths, extra towel that Darren takes to the gym, ace bandage, toilet paper (we aren't there yet, but this might get dire), paper towels, the computer printer and copier, construction paper, markers and fun pens, extra scissors, clothes pins, wrapping paper and gift bags, supply of blank cards, envelopes, and games. Funny enough, I haven't needed my wedding dress yet. It may be the only thing left off the list by the end...
Have a good weekend! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
16 comments:
Remember when we boiled water and then poured it over the thermostat outside the greenhouse window so that it was 'warm enough' to wear shorts? I don't think it ever worked properly after that.
That movie WAS horrible. I requested it from the library months ago, watched it, and hated it. Funny there have been two posts about it--you and Christi. The girl's face was SO small. How did she fit her eyes, nose AND mouth in that little space?
You are welcome to use my wedding dress if the need arises before you finish painting :) Don't worry about tearing into the taped off rooms.
She does have a small face. Funny! You know what else I noticed -- weird hair. All big and boofy around her face and then kind of stringy at the end. At one point one of the characters even says 'the one with the nice hair'. Weird.
I noticed the song from that show is on itunes top100. Tween girls-that's where the money is. The dancing was indeed my favorite part of that ridiculous movie...
70 degrees? Really? We've been socked in with an inversion and fog for like two weeks now...and it's cold and yuck air. I miss the sun:(
Number 5 reminded me of everything I wish I had that is packed in a moving van. ARGH!!! Wrapping paper, and I can't even count the number of rolls of tape. Kid crafts, cards, blank notes.
This is Brandon...
The Power of One is an excellent book. Chris Packer loaned it to me -if I'm not mistaken it is his favorite. The movie version was so-so.
Michelle says that you are coming for a visit. Bring it.
What's the word on the street regarding the Pokes new coach? I am totally disconnect from the pulse of the Pokes nation. You (or Darren) should write a post for the challenged Cowboys fan.
70 degrees, nice. It hasn't been too bad here in UT, not 70 but not 0.
I wear shorts in the winter in Utah and Michigan but I just don't leave the house. They could be considered part of my hibernation uniform. Actually, the older I get and the more bulging veins show up on my legs the less I wear shorts at all.
You know, I was tempted to rent that Cinderella story but now that I didn't I think I'm glad by the sound of it.
Yes, Brenny, 70 degrees is a bit cool here for shorts! It has been unusually warm here too. I hope that means we don't get days over 120 degrees this summer!!
I loved the book The Power of One. I think I loaned my copy to my mother. Not a bad idea for our book club...
Don't worry...I've seen plenty of movies that I've been ashamed of. My husband and I went to go see the movie "In the Mix" and hated it. We pretend like we never watched it. Every time we see the box at the store we say "Hey, isn't that the movie we haven't seen?" I also felt that way with Honey and Vanity Fair (which was too bad because I really enjoyed the novel!).
You are so funny. I would have untaped it by now.
The Power of one is an interesting book. I think I would like the edited version. It is good but dramatic.
I also think your house will be Great.
It's amazing the things you realize you might need in certain places. I might have to check out the cinderella show, I do like so you think you can dance. :)
For some reason when I read about you being taped out of your stuff I thought about 72 hour kits! Don't know why exactly. I guess was thinking that we should be prepared against natural diasters AND taping restrictions! Now excuse me while I go repack my backpacks.
So how much of the house are you actually scraping and painting? Just the main room or all the rooms (kitchen excluded) at once? What a project!
Robin, I feel like a jerk for not writing. I left Germany in Oct and lost my position at the VA. I have been working all over the hospital and hating it. I am going AGR in July for 18 months then retire from the military and the VA. When are you coming this way. I would love to see you. Your kids are the cutest, just like the parents.
it is my favorite book. i've read probably 7-8 times. just great. hope you enjoy it.
Do you need me to give you some toilet paper?
Post a Comment