Friday, after dinner with friends, we suddenly found our evening activities cancelled. So instead we trimmed the tree out front that was hanging over our roof.

The tree to the left is the one we trimmed. No before picture, sorry.
Saturday we borrowed a trailer, took the tree trimmings to the dump, and then picked up a load of soil. The landscape company where we got the soil had a nursery attached. Their vegetables and herbs were on sale, so we picked up some plants. We took everything home and began transfering wheelbarrel loads of dirt to our garden and the berry box. Okay, Darren did most of the dirt transferring, I raked and smoothed. The last two days wierd muscles in my back have been sore. Anyway, once the dirt was in, we planted.

The garden. So far Bailey hasn't touched the plants, but we'll put up a fence anyway.
I'll post a picture of the berry boxes later -- they still look unfinished. Anyway, after the garden was done, we showered and headed south to a friends house for a barbeque. We had a great night talking and catching up. Thanks again for having us Courtney! We need to get together more often.
So, I'm nervous about this garden. Neither Darren or I have a green thumb and while we are good about watering, etc, I'm not sure we have the knowledge (and instinct -- I totally think you need it) needed to make things grow and flourish. But I'm excited, too. I don't think we've planted anything TOO difficult to grow. Of course, we didn't grow anything from seed, because, well, we started too late, so atleast we won't have that stress. That will come next year. This is also a long project for us so at the end of the summer I'll do a 'What I Learned About Gardening.'
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy
6 comments:
I love the raised bed, that is nice. Your veggies look bigger then mine. Mine have been in for a few weeks.
That's cool you got a garden in. I have no idea if I have a green thumb or not. :o) We always had a garden growing up and I can keep houseplants alive. I guess we'll see next year! (hopefully. :o)
Yeah... I'm not so good with houseplants. I bet you'll do great with a garden, Trish! You'll start giving us ideas about growing and watering... It will be perfect.
Hey B~
I didn't tell you the other night that I haven't commented for very long, so don't be sad that I am just now getting around to it, because seriously, it's been a minimal amount of time.
We had a great time on Saturday and when every one left we both agreed that we need to do that again...and soon. Let's keep on top of Steph and get down her way for a BBQ in the next few weeks.
Thanks for the fun!
C
I really like the garden boxes. And I'm super excited to make and bottle salsa this summer!
I love your Garden I can't wait for that either. I don't think I have much a a green tumb but I guess everything takes pratice and knowledge.
Post a Comment