- Weeds. Some weeds, like the one above are obviously prickly, but there are many more lurking out there that catch you by surprise -- weeds you didn't even know had prickers. Those are the weeds that scare me. Yes, I wear gloves, but sometimes even gloves are powerless against prickers. Look at this bunch. Surprise sticker city.

- Oysters on the half shell. Cooked oysters in soups? Fine. Oysters in sauces for pasta? Fine. Breaded and fried oysters? Fine. Raw oysters on the half shell? Hot beds of disease, grit, and a stomach ache ready to happen. Darren likes raw oysters and I am frightened each time he orders them. You could not pay me enough to eat one. Okay, you could probably pay me A LOT OF MONEY to eat one, but there would have to be serious medical personnel present. And maybe some antibiotics. Something anyway.

- Tornados. Well, you know, NOW I have a fear of tornados. My healthy respect for the forces of nature has definitely gone up a notch since last month. This new fear is more from having Darren be in the tornado than the thought of my house being destroyed or anything. You can't replace people. And I really like Darren.
- Driving behind pick-ups with full beds. I just don't know if Mr. Pick-up Driver has secured his load, and I'm afraid of being impaled while driving or having to swerve to avoid something that has bounced out. I will drive 5 or 6 seconds behind a heavy laden pick-up just so I can avoid any debris. Hallelujah to the car that will scoot in between us.
- Carnival rides. I'm not talking about amusement park rides, but rides that are brought in on trailers and set up at city and county fairs. Who are these people? Why are their eyes red rimmed and dazed? Why is that bolt just hanging there? Why does it lean precariously to the right when it's on? Scary. I'll just keep my feet firmly on the ground, thank you very much.




Scary, right? Just the thought of all of these things gives me the chills. Especially thinking about weeding. *shiver.* I hope you have a good weekend and a great Friday the 13th!
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
13 comments:
what a fun friday 5 I get nervous around pickup to, and Carnies. Hope you have a good weekend.
Oysters...I totally hear you. :o) Nice list. I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until I read this.
That Does sounds scary! :) Oh and I love your keeping cool plan! :)
I just read Trish's Blog...put me next on the list for a baby backpack :)
I am with you on the Carnival rides, and driving behind pick ups with full beds. The other thing that scares me is Driving under underpasses on the interstate. I am always afraid some punk kid is up there ready to throw something down on the the cars below. Crazy I know, but it has happened.
My traffic fear is passing semi's in the rain in a very short car! It is like driving underwater!
I am glad we all are scared of the oysters. It makes me feel better that you and trish don't like them also. Now I don't have to feel bad that I don't take part in the excitement!
Hey, I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th...summer schedule makes the days all blend. I totally agree about the carnival rides...they seem so sketchy, but to be honest, I've never really heard of a specific accident. Still, there will be no carnival rides for our family. ps-oysters...did you see Mr. Beans Holiday? (The kids liked it, I only made it through the first 10-15 minutes...funny/gross oyster scene.)
CLOWNS!! Isn't anyone afraid of clowns?!?!?! I think I saw a few minutes of Steven King's "IT" when I was little and well, now I can't stand clowns. Yuck!
I totally agree with the pick up and the carnival rides!! SCARY!!
Great list! Totally agree with the pick-up trucks! And those oysters look like ears. Who wants to eat rotten elf ears?
I enjoy your blog - Your Friday lists are my favorites! (Kristi=Cathy's neice=Darren's cousin)
How did I not comment before? I didn't really realize it was Friday the 13th, but we watched a scary movie on Saturday. What does that have to do with anything, you ask? Well, not much. But I can't handle scary movies. Give me a good romantic comedy anyday and I'm a happy girl.
Post a Comment