Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Wow, Friday has started out to be a beautiful day. Tomorrow will be the first day of summer and the forecast is for another sunny day -- well, okay, with a chance of an afternoon thunderstorm, this IS Colorado. Anyway, with the start of the new season, I thought I'd do a Friday Five of the new things around the Casey household. Here's the list:



  1. New fence. Our project last weekend was putting this fence in by the berry boxes. As you can see, we are only partly done, but I just love the way it looks, so, YEA! New fence! This is a work in progress, so I'll keep you updated on how it turns out.


  2. New television shows for summer. I say that like we actually have time to watch television. Anyway, two of my favorite shows came back in June: Last Comic Standing and My Boys. We watched both last night. LCS had us rolling with laughter; My Boys was just good fun.

  3. New development. My sister Robin likes dogs and I have proof. I know these pictures are highly incriminating, but she knew I was taking them and would probably post them. We didn't grow up with pets and I didn't know I was a dog person until we got Bailey. My sister Cory likes dogs, too, and I'm just happy that Robin is open to the possibility of liking pets. Now if my other siblings would only come over to the dark side...


  4. New car. Well new to us -- we aren't really NEW car people. Anyway, after looking for weeks we finally decided on what we wanted to buy. It is a Hyundai Tucson -- a crossover vehicle, but smaller than most of the ones on the road. We got a great deal and are pleased.


  5. New problem.



Just kidding! This is what my pants looked like after I filled water balloons on Tuesday. Like I'd really take a picture of any bladder control issues...

Have a good weekend and enjoy the longest day of the year! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Kelli said...

I love the fence and the new car! They both look great. I will have to check out My Boys since I already like LCS. I need a Bailey to convince Dave that dogs are great pets. He never had pets either! Love the water balloon problem. It does look very suspicious.

curt and cathy said...

Brenda you just made my day.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I was so excited to think I had a sister friend in the bladder control problem. I am going to use your excuse from now on though. "Wet my pants??!! No Way! I was filling water balloons. Yeah thats it!"

Michelle said...

okay serious serious giggling going on over here. You need to show your YW this post with the caption "if you can post a picture like THIS on your blog, you KNOW you have self esteem." LOVED IT! Love brenda! so so awesome.

and I would like to mention that it looks like you actually leveled and measured when you put up that fence...i guess that's one way to do it. :) looks beautiful, congrats. :)

longest day of the year, huh? wow, that idaho spring ROBBED me of half my summer. (as in, summer started last week and only last week for us.) better move to florida. :)

Brenny said...

Level? People use a level when they put up a fence? Oh no, Michelle, it only looks straight from this angle. It's only an optical illusion that apparently worked. :)

Robin Fisher said...

Hahahahaha. That's so funny. And no, I will not be coming over from the "dark side" anytime soon. In fact, I dare say that you all are the ones on the "dark side" going against everything we've been taught. Oh and this is Jacqui, but signed in as Robin, so I get credit for this comment:)

Carrie said...

I love the new car!!

LindsC said...

lol!!! It totally did look like you had a bladder control inssue. :) I love your new car, good choice!!!

Christi said...

I am potty-training my three year old...it's taking FOREVER. I have become an expert on accidents, and I have to say your pants are very suspicious. Are you sure it's not just a cover story?

And thanks for the heads up on My Boys, it is now programmed on the DVR. I never know when stuff is on anymore (because I fast forward through all the commercials - DVRs are awesome)!

Robin Fisher said...

ARGH!! Jacqui!!! Stop putting words in my mouth. The dangers of using someone elses computer

Brenny, I have ALWAYS been a dog person--I love other people's dogs :)