- I hosted freezer meals on Monday night. I think I briefly mentioned this in my last post, but really there is no briefly about it. I was immersed in the preparations all weekend. I went to four different stores, bought an obscene amount of chicken, chopped and boiled and mashed a variety of vegetables, and stayed up WAY too late each night. Even with all of the preparation I did for Monday, I still ended up hurriedly labeling bags before people arrived. And figuring out how much people owed. And realizing the meals were so cheap because I underestimated A LOT. So not my best hosting gig.
- In preparation for the meal assembly, I cleaned my kitchen. Of course, right? I cleared surfaces, I 409ed the counters and table, and I mopped the floor. I did most of this while Big Miss was upstairs cleaning her room. Her comment when she came down was, "Whoa! I have never seen the kitchen so clean!" Okay, so I'm not the BEST housekeeper, but come on. That's cold.

- Little Miss started soccer. Her first practice was on Monday right before freezer meals, so, you know, I wasn't paying as close attention as I maybe should. Anyway, she loves it. She loves wearing her jersey (even though none of the other kids do), she loves her shin guards (that she calls cleats) and she loves telling people about it. What I don't know is if she loves the game. That has yet to be determined, especially since I see her picking up the ball to get back in line to run skills.

- Last night I had my first gig as the 'Additional Class Leader' for church (formally known as Enrichment and Homemaking. No idea why we changed the name). We did freezer jam. It went well, actually, and not only did I learn some different ways to make freezer jam, I have some yummy raspberry lime goodness to spread on bread. The funny thing was, after freezer meals on Monday I didn't really stress about the night as much as you'd think. I'm hoping that is a good sign.
- Have I told you we've been painting our house? That's right, we are doing all the work ourselves. And when I say we, I actually mean Darren. Big Miss and I do help, but he does all the high stuff. This weekend 'we' are making a big push to get it done, but even so 'we' won't finish. I'll of show you before and after and share all the things I learned once 'we're' done.

Yeah, that last one had nothing to do with freezing, except it will be anything but cold on Saturday and Darren is a slave driver so I'm anticipating some serious whining. From me and Little Miss, not Big Miss. She really is a good worker.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
7 comments:
What?!! You're painting over the Primary Temple trip? Oh well, last night I chose errands over the 'additional RS meeting' I hope "you" get it finished!
Lol - I am not the best house keeper either. The other night after T went to bed I scrubbed the bathroom (because it was sufficiently gross)and Matt asks..."are you expecting company?"
Love freezer meals, too. But hosting makes for TOTAL INSANITY the week of. I am grateful I only hostess every few months. :)
Our "WE" projects usually consist of Me keeping the kids out of Mike's hair so he can get stuff done. Power tools and kids don't mix.
Oh, and you aren't the nursery leader anymore or are you doing double duty. Our ward has focused on "Prepare Every Needful Thing." They are building a Prepardness Binder. Pretty cool.
Soccer truly is all about the jersey and the shin guards! Can't wait to see the painting pictures. Thanks for keeping us updated on your life! And when I say us I really mean me.
I did a freezer meal this week, too. I made an extra pan of Chicken Divan and froze it. Does that count?
I want the raspberry lime recipe. Have you tried it on rolls yet? is it good? Raspberries are on sale this week at KS, I think
Hey, I think we have similar callings. I'm still in the primary too, but for the last couple months have been helping with the additional R.S. meeting (It's me and one other person). I'm not sure what my official title is and the bishopric member wasn't sure when he called me either. :o) I'm excited to see pictures of your house.
Post a Comment