- Weekend number two for the push to get the house done. I am positive we will finish it this time. This house project more than any other project has consumed our family. We started the July 4th weekend and Darren has been out painting almost every evening. He admitted that the past couple of nights he has had dreams about painting -- a sure sign the project is stressing him out and he's worried he won't ever finish.
- Speaking of dreams, I've been having them about Mockingjay. I've just started part three and apparently all the rebel fighting is really getting to me because last night I dreamed of war zones. Fun, I know. The dreams may also be caused by the fact that I'm anxious to hear what everyone else thinks of the book, but I'm really trying to read it without someone else's judgements (and I get the drift there are A LOT of opinions out there), but I can't seem to read it fast enough. I'm getting there Jacqui, I'm getting there...
- Darren is on a softball team with some guys in the ward. They have had two practices and one game. I wasn't able to be at their game last week, but I hear it was a pretty bad loss. The one funny/encouraging story I heard was from Darren. He said by the end of the game he hadn't batted yet, but team moral was so low he felt he had to really knock the snot out of the ball. He did hit the ball and it happened that the planets aligned and the other team couldn't recover it fast enough. He made it to second, stole third, and then did a slider into home to get one of the two total points for the game. The whole point is to tell you his wound from sliding into home is gross and it took me two days to realize he had a huge scab on his leg. Well, and to hear the story. I'm such a great wife. Little Miss refuses to hug him on that side if she can see the wound.
- I've had that stinking Rhianna/Eminem in my head all week -- I Love the Way You Lie, I think is what it is called. Every time I hear it I think, "What a horrible relationship. Do women who stay with men who treat them badly need the encouragement through song? Do we need to sing about destructive relationship cycles?" Yet, I still find myself singing along. You know, after I point out how horrible the song is to my 17-year-old who probably wouldn't have noticed the lyrics if I hadn't pointed them out to her. Doh! Seriously changing the station next time.
- I did something this week I haven't done in a while. I created a schedule for new fall shows I want to check out. I know, I know, Darren is dreaming about painting and I'm thinking about what new television shows I should check out in the next few months. Believe me, I've known for years television is my guilty pleasure. I missed creating a schedule last year because, well, I was pretty busy figuring out this mom thing. Recently I caught a few previews for shows and that old spark and desire to do the research suddenly flared. Fortunately, there aren't that many new shows this season. Networks are playing it safe with a lot of old standbys and I'm avoiding anything on the CW -- it is dead to me. I'll report back if I find any gems.
Have a good weekend! Enjoy the holiday.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
8 comments:
That song is on all the time. I have one word for you "FOOTBALL" we are so excited for it to start!
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Mockingjay. I just finished it this morning and Timm isn't finished yet and I'm dying to discuss it!
So did you end up buying the book or just waiting for it from the library?
This post really hit home. :o)I've got three big projects going on right now and have been dreaming about them for the past few nights. I can relate! You'll have to let me know what shows I should check out.
I'm anxiously awaiting you finishing the book so that we can gossip about it.
I have NO idea what shows will be good this season, Brenny. I'm relying on you to be my guide. PS I think the CW died a long time ago. Hello? 90210 the new class?
So you're dreaming of war zones, darren's dreaming of painting and I'm dreaming of cruises. Hmmm... too bad Darren's is the only one who's going to come true. Phooey. I wish I had more realistic dreams
I love you Brenda!!! Whenever I read anything you post I always have a smile or a laugh come!! Tell Darren he is a STUD and you will have to get one of those studly runs on video next time!!! Or he can reenact it!(I totally want to be there for that) That's totally little miss not to hug him on the one side(she cracks me up)! 4 of my friends are reading those books and I WANT to SOOO bad...I just need to find time to do it. I have heard about them for some time now and I am excited to read them! Let me know the gems you find for sure!!! Too funny you said CW is dead to you... I laughed pretty hard when I read that!
yeah, good call with the CW. It always starts out interesting and with so much potential, but then it just takes a BIG flying leap into crapville :) There aren't any shows we watch, but I have to say that I LOVE DVR.
We are headed to the HATCH CHILE Festivle, in Hatch, NM (the chile capitol of the world) I will let you know if it really is worth all the hype.
I would like to be on the book discussion when you finish. Also if you could just post that schedule of Fall shows ASAP it would save me a lot of wasted time. Thank you.
Serious on the posting.
Not being sarcastic.
Post a Comment